News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

UK brand, Alexander McQueen will be opening their first Canadian store later this year at Yorkdale. It'll replace the former J.Crew store.

Yorkdale continuing to establish themselves as the go-to location for international brands making their standalone entries in the Toronto/Canadian market or a new flagship store.

Just digging through the past few recent pages of this thread, since around ~August 2019 the following have opened here: Balenciaga, Ted Baker, Celine, Longchamp, Diesel, Thom Browne, Golden Goose, Tudor, Alexander McQueen. There's likely a few more as well.

Ray Ban are opening a new store at Yorkdale this Autumn. It'll be their second Canadian location, first one being at the Eaton Centre which opened last Sept.

The new Yorkdale store will be between the Peloton and COS stores near Holt Renfrew.

Retail Insider reports that Ray Ban are in negotiations for a third Toronto location, which is planned for the Bloor-Yorkville area.

Peloton stores are surprisingly profitable and the recall only impacted the treadmill which is by far their secondary product (if not tertiary - bike, app, treadmill).

Yorkdale continuing to establish themselves as the go-to location for international brands making their standalone entries in the Toronto/Canadian market or a new flagship store.

Just digging through the past few recent pages of this thread, since around ~August 2019 the following have opened here: Balenciaga, Ted Baker, Celine, Longchamp, Diesel, Thom Browne, Golden Goose, Tudor, Alexander McQueen. There's likely a few more as well.

Yep. It wasn't that long ago Yorkville was the only go to place for ultra high-end international brands. Now Yorkdale has taken a big bite out of Yorkville's higher end retail and will continue to do so.

I don't think i have ever seen a store like Alexander McQueen, in a shopping mall.

Yep. It wasn't that long ago Yorkville was the only go to place for ultra high-end international brands. Now Yorkdale has taken a big bite out of Yorkville's higher end retail and will continue to do so.

I don't think i have ever seen a store like Alexander McQueen, in a shopping mall.

Yeah, Yorkdale really took off in cementing themselves as the prime destination for international brands entering the Canadian market in the mid to latter half of the 2010's decade.

When I was in high school back from 2004-08 it was already a popular hang out place of course. But it was still a large format mall for mostly mid market brands, with some higher end stores mixed in there. Also some quirkier but old time favourites like Rainforest Cafe and PJ's Pet Store.

Some of the shopping corridors, especially in the mid-section of the mall would be almost unrecognizable with how prevalent it's now for luxury flagship stores.

Yeah, Yorkdale really took off in cementing themselves as the prime destination for international brands entering the Canadian market in the mid to latter half of the 2010's decade.

When I was in high school back from 2004-08 it was already a popular hang out place of course. But it was still a large format mall for mostly mid market brands, with some higher end stores mixed in there. Also some quirkier but old time favourites like Rainforest Cafe and PJ's Pet Store.

Some of the shopping corridors, especially in the mid-section of the mall would be almost unrecognizable with how prevalent it's now for luxury flagship stores.

The Rainforest Cafe is long gone, isn't it?

The Rainforest Cafe is long gone, isn't it?

Yeah, it closed back in 2014.

There is still one in Niagara Falls. I would not go there in 1997 and I still will not go there today. All about the theme but the food is s***.

It is sort of like the Spaghetti Factory, neat place to visit as a tourist but the food is meh.

Alexander McQueen stores exist in luxury malls in HK and China. I suspect much of Yorkdale's recent success at reinventing themselves as a luxury destination is due to the Asian market here anyway.

Back