News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

No. They were specific about 40 new stores. I think all 40 becoming first to market became a bit of an urban toronto legend...
:)

Yorkdale Shopping Centre Announces $220 Million Expansion
TORONTO, Jan. 25 /CNW/ - Canadians wanted it and now they have it: more of the world's top brands available to shop right here on home soil, thanks to an exciting new $220 million expansion that will add more than 145,000 square feet and 40 new stores to Yorkdale.

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/764025/yorkdale-shopping-centre-announces-220-million-expansion

Hmm, you're right. I just perpetuated the 'legend'. Funny, it seems that Sherway's expansion will actually include some higher end stores than Yorkdale, plus some of the same ones like Kate Spade, Tory Burch, Ted Baker. But it will have a TUMI plus others.

Just got back from the Yorkdale media preview. Apple is not open yet - their old store is still around and I'm not exactly sure whether they're moving outright tomorrow or some time in the next week or so. Microsoft is definitely opening November 16, though it was blocked off tonight (I didn't go in - I think they were only taking in invited guests), but the other stores were not. I got to see Kate Spade (even bought "tech gloves"), Ann Taylor, Ted Baker and Anthropologie (felt a little small compared to Shops at Don Mills and Yorkville, but it could have just been me).

If anyone takes pics of tomorrow's expansion opening, post them here or email them to us! We'll reference your photos and any comments you might have. And not to minimize the expansion excitement, we just finished an article on Harry Rosen's Yorkdale expansion. It will be the company's 2nd largest store, and easily one of its highest selling.

Email: insider@retail-insider.com

http://www.retail-insider.com/2012/11/harry-rosen-doubling-size-of-its.html

Harry Rosen Yorkdale will expand from about 15,000 sq ft to about 32,000 sq ft. We included floorplans for reference, including this one...
HARRY ROSEN YORKDALE TORONTO EXPANSION SHOPPERS BLUENOTES.jpg

Harry Rosen will take over the current Shoppers and Bluenotes. Check it out if you're in Yorkdale!

Attachments

• HARRY ROSEN YORKDALE TORONTO EXPANSION SHOPPERS BLUENOTES.jpg
    HARRY ROSEN YORKDALE TORONTO EXPANSION SHOPPERS BLUENOTES.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 2,168
Last edited:
If anyone takes pics of tomorrow's expansion opening, post them here or email them to us! We'll reference your photos and any comments you might have. And not to minimize the expansion excitement, we just finished an article on Harry Rosen's Yorkdale expansion. It will be the company's 2nd largest store, and easily one of its highest selling.

Email: insider@retail-insider.com

http://www.retail-insider.com/2012/11/harry-rosen-doubling-size-of-its.html

Harry Rosen Yorkdale will expand from about 15,000 sq ft to about 32,000 sq ft. We included floorplans for reference, including this one...View attachment 9705

Harry Rosen will take over the current Shoppers and Bluenotes. Check it out if you're in Yorkdale!

Where is SDM going?

I've also heard that Allsaints has finalized their deal at Yorkdale, spring 2013 opening.

My wife was just in the area, apparently there is a power outage that is affecting Yorkdale and all the retail on the north side of the 401 as well. Great day for an opening :)

It helps that Friday, November 16, 2012 is also a PA day at all school boards in Toronto. So, instead of school, its... lets go to Yorkdale!

It helps that Friday, November 16, 2012 is also a PA day at all school boards in Toronto. So, instead of school, its... lets go to Yorkdale!

Too bad private schools had their half term/"November long weekend" break LAST WEEK!

I wouldn't exactly call it a 'dedicated Rolex Boutique' though in Raffi Jewelers. It's more like a small counter. Still really nice of course, but boutique is misleading.

I have to say I quite liked the interior design of the new Club Monaco store. The new mens shoe department at HR also looked pretty slick.

I wouldn't exactly call it a 'dedicated Rolex Boutique' though in Raffi Jewelers. It's more like a small counter. Still really nice of course, but boutique is misleading.

I'll reference myself here - turns out it will be a Rolex boutique, similar to what's in place at Royal de Versaille. The hoarding is up.
There are also a number of new stores slated for 2013 so it'll be interesting to see what those will be next year. All Saints and Superdry for sure.

Back