News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Looks like another english lit major in our midst! lol

You contradict yourself Ore- you're an end user but know there is risk in investment. Which is it?

Either way you must have made some decent money in your life to be able to afford a place at the Four Seasons. Good for you my friend! I hope you enjoy your purchase. This looks like it will be the prom-queen of the ultra-luxury projects in town- even if it drops 20% in value by the time it's finished.
I am a comer from Asia last year. English is not my mother tongue language. At least you understandd what I am trying to say. Is that right?

There's no comparison between the Four Seasons at Bay and Yorkville and the corner of Yonge and Bloor. Almost by definition one is a A+ and the other A-/B+

In any case, your $1,100 sq. ft. purchase is the farthest thing from a guaranteed profit. In fact, all you really have is an obligation to purchase a $1,100,000 condo at some point in the uncertain future and if you fail to close you forfeit your growing deposits. For you to suggest that you've made any money at this stage is ridiculous and clearly belies any clear business sense.

Okay "Mr. English Major", tell me where in his post he states that he "made" any money? I don't see it. He does state prices from the time he purchased as well as the prices currently quoted, but where does it say he made a profit? As far as I can see it he was just offering a suggestion as to what might be an alternate choice not too far from 1 Bloor.

It really bothers you that there are people out there who have the money and the guts to make such a purchase. Maybe one day you too will find the courage to part with some money (assuming you have a job that earns you any money) rather just rent.

Okay "Mr. English Major", tell me where in his post he states that he "made" any money? I don't see it. He does state prices from the time he purchased as well as the prices currently quoted, but where does it say he made a profit? As far as I can see it he was just offering a suggestion as to what might be an alternate choice not too far from 1 Bloor.

It really bothers you that there are people out there who have the money and the guts to make such a purchase. Maybe one day you too will find the courage to part with some money (assuming you have a job that earns you any money) rather just rent.
Thank you Pancsi. I really agreed with your comments.

Condos are particularly vulnerable in that market as average prices hovered over $600 per sq. ft. and are now coming back down to earth. Although our entry point is lower, the volume of speculative sales here outstrip any market I've ever seen. That's the biggest danger that we are facing.

I don't see prices dropping at all right now...

Your logic is sound, but are you basing this on facts, or what you feel? Again, show me these numbers of speculative sales. where are you getting this info from?

Back