News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

G

GeekyBoyTO

Wonder if anyone actually watched Zed on CBC (6) on Friday nights - the music is sublime!

GB

I watched it once to see a band called Lazarazu... I'm a big fan of their guitarist, Kevin Kane (formerly Grapes of Wrath). There are some good independent Canadian bands out there... we seem to have a knack for good music.

I watch it sometimes, it's pretty cool. Has some interesting stuff to watch.

This show is pretty interesting.

The short movies are always pretty good, but I'm not interested in the bands, and always flick away once they come on.

Zed is a good show. It makes me happy to pay taxes. I mean that.

I'm happy when the Canadian Film and Video production tax credit is spent on creations like Kevin Spencer and Buzz.

And yet the majority of Canadians are still hooked on the Britney Spears-Justin Timberlake-JLo Axis of Evil...

GB

GB, but it just goes to show how important it is to fund things like this... or they would get NO exposure at all.

I'm glad (as an indie filmmaker - although a lazy one this year) to hear that people actually appreciate some funds being alloted for this type of thing. Thought I think more is required. As it stands right now, it's next to impossible to get funding.

GB, I think Zed is on every night at 11:30-12:00 if I'm not mistaken.

GB> Let them watch Britney and eat cake too. as long as they pay taxes that fund the crap i like, i'm happy. we must resist the tyranny of the dumb at all costs.

shawn:

Unfortunately, they are probably the ones who grow up and say "what Canadian culture? we don't see it, so why fund it?"

Tdot:

You're probably right - I rarely watch late night TV during weekdays.

GB

Back