40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

June 14

IMG_june-14-09-0092.JPG

IMG_june-14-09-0092.JPG

IMG_june-14-09-0095.JPG

IMG_june-14-09-0096.JPG

Is there a reason this has only moved 2 floors in 3 1/2 months? Seems really slow to me.

I walk past it practically every day and it does seem like it is going really slow.

It does seem like this building takes up alot of floorspace/spread etc (can't think of a better word) though.

I believe the first 5 floors are podium suites, so there's like 20 or more suites per floor. Once they clear that, its the tower suites which is like 10 suites per floor. I see it every morning walking from the townhouses, its noisy and busy.

Daily Commercial News

yes, I know this is dated for tomorrow ... but I can't explain why ~

Good Vibe at Liberty Village in Toronto
July 31, 2009

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Construction is moving upwards on the Vibe at Liberty Village condominium project in Toronto, Ont. Monarch Corporation has completion of the 24-storey, 315-unit project with a six-storey podium scheduled for May 2010. The project also includes retail on the ground floor.

The Vibe at Liberty Village was designed by Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc. Consultants are GENIVAR Consulting Group Inc. (structural); and MV Shore Associates (1993) Ltd. (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Michael Bros Excavating; Fourwinds Construction Inc. (drainage); Rumble Foundations (Ontario) Ltd.; Salit Steel Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd.; Village Masonry Construction; Hi-Rise Mechanical; Jay Electric Ltd.; Cooltech Services Ltd.; Primeline Windows Inc.; and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.

http://www.dcnonl.com/article/id34761

October 12 2009 update

love the suite designs, like the building massing + brick, hate the pale green spandrels

VIBE now on the 15th floor ~
Click to Enlarge

October 14 2009 update

VIBE rising ~
Click to Enlarge

The Battery Park + ZIP + VIBE Trio

In today's news:

Carbon monoxide scare forces hundreds out of Liberty Village condo for three hours

680News staff Feb 11, 2010 08:35:57 AM

Several hundred residents of a downtown condominium in Liberty Village have returned home after an abrupt wake-up call early Thursday morning.

Seventeen floors of the 25-storey building at 80 Western Battery Rd. (we at UT know this is ZIP @ Battery Park :D), located in the King Street West and Strachan Avenue area, were evacuated around 4 a.m., following a report of a carbon monoxide leak.

The residents spent three hours huddled in TTC buses and the building lobby before the all-clear was given.

The cause of the leak was an overturned exhaust stack on the roof which blocked the building's air intake vent.

No injuries were reported.

source: http://www.680news.com/news/local/article/26032--carbon-monoxide-scare-forces-hundreds-out-of-liberty-village-condo-for-three-hours

Back