8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Filion's book

"Dominating Rob Ford’s office, on the wall behind the mayor’s desk, was a blow-up of his father posing with Mike Harris. Covering the screen on the computer Rob never turned on was another photo of his father.
There were other reminders of his dad throughout the office but, oddly, no photos of him with Rob. Nothing from childhood, not a campaign shot, nor anything from the years just before his father died, in 2006.
No warm memories. No stories of happy times together."

http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...r-toronto-mayors-office-a-toxic-family-affair

Interesting thing about this photo is how it confirms an earlier observation of mine: that once upon a time, Randy (bottom right) was the "handsomeist" Ford of the bunch...

rob-ford-31.jpg

@evva... That bit about the money sure is something, eh?
yes... especially the chris part (well that and the wanting to charge a vacation on a staffer's personal credit card) who only worked for him for 6 months. he resigned in june 2013... so the accident and subsequent extortion attempt could very well have happened while the fords were trying to buy the crack video.

Last edited:
The biggest strike for Harper should be that Ford bought his drugs from a gang that smuggled handguns across the border. But that seems to be a step too much for sound bites.

Police gave Rob Ford a break instead of charging him with DUI, says ex-chief of staff
This wasn’t the first time Towhey had heard tales of Ford drinking and driving, he writes. “Two senior members of the Toronto Police Service had told me officers had pulled over the mayor’s car late at night on multiple occasions and driven him home rather than charging him for driving under the influence.”

He didn’t report Ford to the police, he adds, because “there was nothing the police could do with the information” after the fact. “Besides, as I mentioned, they already knew the mayor was driving drunk, and weren’t doing anything about it.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ging-him-with-dui-says-ex-chief-of-staff.html

Last edited:
Police gave Rob Ford a break instead of charging him with DUI, says ex-chief of staff

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...ging-him-with-dui-says-ex-chief-of-staff.html

This is from the Star article, and I thought this part was interesting:

"Provided with the relevant excerpts on Saturday, Toronto police spokesman Mark Pugash said he’d heard similar stories circulating before but had never been presented with any evidence that they were actually true.
“These comments have circulated for a number of years and no one has ever, as far as I’m aware, put names, dates, places or anything to them so it strikes me at this point that it’s second- or third-hand gossip,” he said. “And as far as his second point about they knew he was driving drunk and weren’t doing anything about it, that’s simply not true . . .
“For him to say nothing was done, I can’t go into the specifics, but that’s just not true and I’m really at a loss to understand how Mr. Towhey could even come to that conclusion.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back