News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonathan Goldsbie
@goldsbie

So their solution to the Ford conundrum was to only let Doug talk and introduce the MP who introduced Harper.

Also, to mention Rob by name and have Harper thank them in public.

Jonathan Goldsbie @goldsbie
Doug Ford talked to media but ran away when asked about his brother's drunk driving.

Rob Ford @TorontoRobFord
Thank you @pmharper it was great to see you tonight & thanks to the thousands of people who came #elxn42 #elxn2015 pic.twitter.com/tqIxs0inxD

This just got better!

Last edited:
Someone on here gets a prize for calling the black tracksuit. Stylin. Ever after to be known in the pantheon of men's formal wear as the "Etobicoke Dinner Suit".

yes... especially the chris part (well that and the wanting to charge a vacation on a staffer's personal credit card) who only worked for him for 6 months. he resigned in june 2013... so the accident and subsequent extortion attempt could very well have happened while the fords were trying to buy the crack video.
No this was still inside of 2012, before the crack video.
The section starts: "But in mid-2012, just after I became chief of staff, Rob suddenly began paying for everything by check. His pocket cash seemed to have evaporated." -- That's a few months after the St Patrick's Day debacle. According to Towhey, then-chief of staff Amir Remtulla tried to get Rob to get help. "Amir said he’d spoken to Rob, and Rob had agreed to take some action. He wasn’t going to rehab, but he would see a counselor. I suggested we speak with Doug, and with Diane, Rob’s mom. Amir already had."

I think Diane cut off his money. Rather than admit what a mess he is and risk losing his powerful position, their way of getting him help is by making it harder for him to buy himself booze and drugs.

These grammar tweets are driving me crazy today. Rob and Doug say so many incorrect things, but the staffer who wrote that was correct. It's "Join Rob and me" not "Join Rob and I". You wouldn't say "Join I" so you don't say "Join Rob and I".

That's true but that's also the point the guy on Twitter was making. It started with:

Don Peat ‏@reporterdonpeat Oct 16
Email subject line from Doug Ford: "Join Rob and Me for a Rally in Etobicoke Tomorrow"

and the guy picked up on the fact that 'Doug' (or whoever wrote that e-mail) got it right there, but wrong in the e-mail he personally received.

Strange, Flagg posts how Trudeau is disgusting for associating with Gomeshi in the past. Has he not read a word about who Ford spends his time with? Lisi's far worse than Gomeshi. Then there are the gangbangers who imported drugs and guns.

It's much easier for Flagg and his ilk to demonize Ghomeshi even without the issue of his trial. To him, Lisi's just some guy who helps Ford out, but Ghomeshi represents the hated CBC, minorities, sort-of-Muslims, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back