News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The TTC is making a change to the 22 at Coxwell/Danforth. Having smashed up the old shelter and somebody (Hydro?) built a vault of some sort at the NW corner, the TTC then put a new shelter in to pick up those getting the interlined 22/70 southbound having schlepped from the station. Unfortunately, this was apparently becoming a traffic hazard as people were crossing between Strathmore and Danforth to catch a 22 before it left. That it was likely causing some traffic congestion when buses were holding at the stop to load was probably an issue too.

Over the weekend I spotted that new bus bays (2) had been painted on Strathmore outside Coxwell. After noting this on CPTDB, another poster directed me to this TTC notice. This will add a few minutes to 22 southbound running time as there are two left turns plus having to manoeuvre two tight turns onto Woodington and onto Danforth - on the other hand it is more convenient for people heading south on the 70 to the subway - once it snows at any rate. The temp stop south of Danforth has been reinstated.

IMG_20151214_075716.jpg

This morning I passed the discontinued stop on the NW corner en route to my daycare drop off. A poster had been put on one side (yes, not the side with the advertising because god forbid) and there was a TTC person redirecting people. On my way back towards the station the TTC person had disappeared and a group of people were, yes, standing at the stop because none of them could read the sign, didn't think it applied to them, I dunno. I yelled across the road that the stop was out of service. When people wonder why Byford has to spend Council subsidy $ on people to stand around with red bibs on and point in various directions, this is why.

I forgot to check the stop pole if this also applies to 322. Having the diesel roaring around Woodington seems excessive to me since the subway isn't open anyway and it will give the brand new shelter something to do.

Attachments

• IMG_20151214_075716.jpg
    IMG_20151214_075716.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 664
The TTC is making a change to the 22 at Coxwell/Danforth. Having smashed up the old shelter and somebody (Hydro?) built a vault of some sort at the NW corner, the TTC then put a new shelter in to pick up those getting the interlined 22/70 southbound having schlepped from the station.

Uhh, there's always been a shelter on the north-west corner. The "new" one was put in at least 4 or 5 years ago. And there's been a stop there likely since the B-D subway opened in 1966.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

Uhh, there's always been a shelter on the north-west corner. The "new" one was put in at least 4 or 5 years ago. And there's been a stop there likely since the B-D subway opened in 1966.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Dan, I'm a resident of the area. For once in your life take my word for it that for several months in 2015, there was no shelter on the NW corner of Danforth and Coxwell beside the Subway (sandwich shop). Okay?

EDIT: that time I flagged to the TTC/councillors that a shelter was not in place at that time on the commencement of the 22/70 interline and the closure of the bus loop.

Dan, I'm a resident of the area. For once in your life take my word for it that for several months in 2015, there was no shelter on the NW corner of Danforth and Coxwell beside the Subway (sandwich shop). Okay?

And I've been a resident of the neighbourhood for over 20 years, and used to work not 100 meters from that corner. Maybe there wasn't a shelter there for a couple of months this year....but there has been one since well before I used to hang around the area regularly.

Don't believe me? Try Google Maps.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

And I've been a resident of the neighbourhood for over 20 years, and used to work not 100 meters from that corner. Maybe there wasn't a shelter there for a couple of months this year....but there has been one since well before I used to hang around the area regularly.

Don't believe me? Try Google Maps.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
That's not quite "jeez I'm sorry I snarked at your original post, maybe I should take a chill pill because I've been doing that a lot lately to various people" but I guess it's all I'm going to get from you.

It was TTC fault. If it wasn't for having to replace the exist tracks and going to an ROW, the City wouldn't give St Clair a 2nd thought as well doing makeover in the name of traffic.:eek::mad:.

You know TTC gets blame for everything when tracks are in the picture, even though the road get fix because of them and everyone fail to see it.

TTC is the whipping boy as its the easy thing to go after when they don't have a say in the matter in the first place.

St Clair operates a lot better with the ROW in place and less accidents up there these days.

Fact is, any ROW project has the City as Project Manager, not anyone from the TTC. That includes Queen's Quay, St. Clair, and any of the grand unions. So even if they become the whipping boy, but they don't deserve to be.

That's not quite "jeez I'm sorry I snarked at your original post, maybe I should take a chill pill because I've been doing that a lot lately to various people" but I guess it's all I'm going to get from you.

Snarked? Sensitive much?

Your original post intimated that the TTC built a shelter at that location for the express reason of not having the station open for a year. I pointed out that there has always been a shelter there. While it was missing for a couple of months, I'm sure that there was a sound technical reason for it being removed. It was going to be replaced, regardless of the TTC shutting down the bus loop or not.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.

I'll be the first person to call for the banning of unleashed animals on the subway.
According to the TTC it did not come from the platform so presumably wandered in from the outside along the tracks. Your concern about unleased animals is already covered:

3.1 No person shall:

a) travel on the transit system with an animal during peak hours; or

b) travel on the transit system during non-peak hours with an animal unless the animal is:

i) on a leash and in the control of the person provided that the animal does not inconvenience or jeopardize the safety of other passengers or TTC employees; or

ii) in an enclosed container that remains secured at all times while on the transit system provided that the animal does not inconvenience or jeopardize the safety of other passengers or TTC employees.

3.2 Section 3.1 does not apply to prohibit a guide dog or service animal from accompanying any passenger with a disability provided that the guide dog or service animal remains under the control of the passenger at all times while on the transit system.

Budget cuts don't allow for proper maintenance of the fencing along the open sections, I would assume.

So I had a bit of a TTC fail this morning, waiting almost 25 minutes for an Eastbound College streetcar just after 9 AM this morning. The angry passenger behind me was explaining that this happens often because the drivers all park in the loop at Landsdowne and go sit and have coffee in the same shop. Anyone else know anything about this? Is this just a supervision problem?

Not sure where to post this. Any one want to speculate?

Public Transit Announcement
TORONTO: December 16, 2015 – Minister of Transportation Steven Del Duca will join TTC Chair Josh Colle and MP for Spadina–Fort York and Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister for Intergovernmental Affairs Adam Vaughan to make a public transit announcement. Metrolinx President and CEO Bruce McCuaig and TTC CEO Andy Byford will also be in attendance.

Date
Thursday, December 17, 2015

Time
9:30 a.m.

Bathurst TTC Subway Station – Street Level
819 Bathurst Street, Toronto

Back