News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd guess Neil. Randy certainly isn't going to spell vitriol correctly.

Oh my, this brings back memories. I remember when every regular member of this board was convinced I was David Price, and everything I said was linked back to that man through some paranoid, deluded logic.

I have to say, I expected vitriol on this board, but what I found was far more bizarre. People who hate Rob Ford but are actually personally affronted by him dying and by his family grieving him. Even when this guy dies, he's still pissing you off somehow. The man has been out of the mayor's office for years, and yet it appears people have been posting here this entire time, frothing with rage and getting worked up over...what?

There are a lot of politicians I despise. For instance, I consider Trudeau my antithesis in nearly everything, except for maybe our good looks. Still, for all I dislike the man, I cannot imagine him occupying my head space like Ford does with some of you. I read the newspaper, stay informed on his policies, and don't think about him otherwise. Why would I? Yet, for some of the people here, Ford is more of an obsession than it is for the Ford Nation folks. He dies, and its a grievance against you. I'm imagining some of you 10, 20, 30, 40 years from now, retired or on your deathbed, still thinking about this man.

That one comment, with the fellow crying and being triggered by Ford's memorial, made me laugh initially, but its actually just bizarre. This is very unhinged -- I mean, think about whether you could say this stuff on a news program without looking completely crazy. That's a pretty good litmus test.

I have to say, I'm a little proud of Rob, that he could get under people's skin this badly.

The lessons haven't been learned, which is good in a way, because it will ensure candidates like Ford keep winning. I remember when Metro Man said Olivia Chow would win with her "We are all one" BS campaign, and people mocked me for saying she'd flop. Look how that turned out. Donald Trump gets it. He's taking a good chunk of the Democrat's support too, even among the minorities, just like Rob. I'm looking forward to his presidency, and I have no doubt it will happen.

So, I'm signing off, and I'm going to go back to celebrating this man. He was the best mayor I'll ever see in my lifetime. Inspiring. Hell, maybe one day, I'll follow in his footsteps and enter politics. ;) Who knows? I will give you guys a wink if I ever do.

Peace out!

Oh my, this brings back memories. I remember when every regular member of this board was convinced I was David Price, and everything I said was linked back to that man through some paranoid, deluded logic.

I have to say, I expected vitriol on this board, but what I found was far more bizarre. People who hate Rob Ford but are actually personally affronted by him dying and by his family grieving him. Even when this guy dies, he's still pissing you off somehow. The man has been out of the mayor's office for years, and yet it appears people have been posting here this entire time, frothing with rage and getting worked up over...what?

There are a lot of politicians I despise. For instance, I consider Trudeau my antithesis in nearly everything, except for maybe our good looks. Still, for all I dislike the man, I cannot imagine him occupying my head space like Ford does with some of you. I read the newspaper, stay informed on his policies, and don't think about him otherwise. Why would I? Yet, for some of the people here, Ford is more of an obsession than it is for the Ford Nation folks. He dies, and its a grievance against you. I'm imagining some of you 10, 20, 30, 40 years from now, retired or on your deathbed, still thinking about this man.

That one comment, with the fellow crying and being triggered by Ford's memorial, made me laugh initially, but its actually just bizarre. This is very unhinged -- I mean, think about whether you could say this stuff on a news program without looking completely crazy. That's a pretty good litmus test.

I have to say, I'm a little proud of Rob, that he could get under people's skin this badly.

The lessons haven't been learned, which is good in a way, because it will ensure candidates like Ford keep winning. I remember when Metro Man said Olivia Chow would win with her "We are all one" BS campaign, and people mocked me for saying she'd flop. Look how that turned out. Donald Trump gets it. He's taking a good chunk of the Democrat's support too, even among the minorities, just like Rob. I'm looking forward to his presidency, and I have no doubt it will happen.

So, I'm signing off, and I'm going to go back to celebrating this man. He was the best mayor I'll ever see in my lifetime. Inspiring. Hell, maybe one day, I'll follow in his footsteps and enter politics. ;) Who knows? I will give you guys a wink if I ever do.

Peace out!
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Why is it that most Ford supporters often sound like they're one step away from running out into the street and punching some random guy in the face?

Last edited:
Why is it that most Ford supporters often sound like they're one step away from running out into the street and punching some random guy in the face?
Childhood trauma would be my guess especially concerning CowboyLogic's obsession with parents and children.

Well, I assure you Cowboy, that I could pass your test. It's not that crazy or too uncommon to feel this way.

Sounds like I got under your's a bit too huh little buddy? Yay me!

Donald Trump gets it. He's taking a good chunk of the Democrat's support too, even among the minorities, just like Rob. I'm looking forward to his presidency, and I have no doubt it will happen.

Well, there ya go.

So, I'm signing off, and I'm going to go back to celebrating this man. He was the best mayor I'll ever see in my lifetime. Inspiring. Peace out!

Yup. See ya.

160324-0002.png

Attachments

• 160324-0002.png
    160324-0002.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 710
remember when he had, what was it, the campaign launch at the congress centre? and somebody photoshopped tumbleweeds into that pic of the empty tables at the back? i wonder if the wake on wednesday will draw the same size crowd...

Even though I fled Toronto for the mountains.. I had to respond. Once more, try to appeal to base logic. I hope you lot do the same. My letter to all Councillors and Mayor:

Dear Councillors, Mayor, et al.,

This letter is to inform you of my absolute dismay that former mayor and late-councillor Rob Ford has been granted a highly-held honour of being able to lie in repose at City Hall for two days starting March 28th, 2016.

While it is sad that a man with a young family died well before his time of an unforgiving disease and that he did -- and continues -- to garner unwavering support of a small subsection of our society – he also showed shameless contempt for his office and our civic institution while mayor, arguably while councillor and maligned and marginalised large cross-sections of Toronto citizens. His behaviour both before the crack video scandal that plagued his office and after embarrassed Toronto, its citizens, Canadians and decent people everywhere.

He openly admitted, albeit while obviously under the influence, that he was the most racist person in Toronto – and was proud of it. He made repeated homophobic and misogynistic comments and intentions that are of public record and spoken widely in public. His bigoted attitude towards a number of communities is glaringly evident both while he was inebriated or under the influence and when he was purportedly sober. While many have said things they wish to take back, he remained unabashed and unapologetic, even after council admonished and stripped him of all his powers – an attitude that in any other jurisdiction would have removed him from public office and rendered him a social pariah – not someone to receive a distinguished honour.

While I understand a need for him to be available for remembrance for family, friends and those who, for whatever reason, remain loyal to his “cause”, the very building where he abused and assaulted staff, body-checked reporters and councillors, drank in his office on- and off-hours, most likely took drugs and dragged revellers and “lady-callers” from local pubs and nightclubs back at all hours for a “nightcap” is obviously not the best location. And the same building that he dragged his own wife in front of then through a gauntlet of reporters after uttering disgusting, disparaging remarks to the world media.

Privately, he has been accused of domestic assault, “offering” his wife to his friends, insinuating to his children if their mother was whoring herself, openly having loose firearms in house with young children and bringing friends -- and family -- over to partake in excessive and often late-night drinking and hard-core drugs. The police have him on surveillance drinking heavily and early then driving off to official City events or away from other public and political gatherings. He leant his car to his “lady-friend” in “re-hab” for a beer run – a place where he was suspected of funneling in drugs -- who was then arrested for drunk driving in the same car. He has been photographed inebriated in public and in situations where he could have only been known to drive himself in that state. He has been known to have his own children in the car while also in this state. He has been photographed with known criminals, gang-members at that, in front of a known crack-house or regularly with someone who is on trial for extortion that he was to be a called as a witness. Some of these people have since been arrested, intimidated, beaten, thrown off balconies – or murdered. He has been videotaped numerous times spewing hate-filled tirades and at least twice taking hard drugs, perhaps during the work day and with his very own family who are most likely was the original enablers and sellers of narcotics to him – and the same family requesting this rare honour.

The man was shameless – and there is no shame in refusing what is quite obviously a ludicrous request from a family that has shown no better judgement or respect for this city.

This is not a man to show such a high honour. This is not a man to be pillared. And, moreover, this is not a man that we should be describing through our actions to an impressionable public and to youth as something to aspire to or be celebrated.

I ask each and every one of you to contact Mayor Tory immediately and ask him to do the right thing: Stop this travesty and tell the family to find a more suitable -- and private -- venue to mourn their loss.

Sincerely,

Christopher Evan Jones
---------------------------------
e: jonechr@yahoo.com

remember when he had, what was it, the campaign launch at the congress centre? and somebody photoshopped tumbleweeds into that pic of the empty tables at the back? i wonder if the wake on wednesday will draw the same size crowd...

There are wake crashers, who attend funerals for the wakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back