News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.blogto.com/news_flash/2016/03/whats_open_and_closed_easter_monday_2016_in_toronto/

View attachment 70939
CLOSED
  • Toronto Public Library branches will be closed on Monday
  • Rob Ford's casket will be closed on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.
  • . . .

The question remains, however, whether or not the family will open it for the Celebration of Life in Etobicoke. They did want it open downtown, but city staff nixed it; so, I say yes.

If so, I also predict corpse selfies . . . or coffin selfies, at the very least.

Whatever the case, we're in for a weird few days.

I think he's being interred after the funeral (so before the Congress Centre). Barring any bizarro incidents, no corpse selfies.

The fords clearly have a LOT of high powered people in their grip I bet. As with all low level functioning, mid level operating but high level, delusional sociopaths; I think they have a ton of shit on a lot of people. When you can't run with the pack, keep track of injuries just in case.
I don't know if it was a lot - I think it was a few carefully-chosen choke points. Taverner is one obvious example. The local PC rising association is another - I assume they took it over during the post-Harris period of neglect when it probably had a dozen members. If you cut out all the nutso foot soldiers, there weren't many people in legitimate positions of power who did Diane's bidding.

The "K" Girls 3.67-1 because they've been missing their weight training with all this death nonsense.

Never let "death nonsense" stand in the way of six-pack abs and well-defined lats:

Kyla (@theleanqueen), 3 days ago: "I was massaging @krista.haynes back the other night and her V-taper is crazy (and she is stronger than any female and most guys, #serious ., not going to brag now.. But I want to) lol.. Sis you were my motivation #GrowBabyGrow"

IMO, the thing that's so troubling about the Fords getting their way here - for hopefully, the last time, God willing - is that there's always been a sort of "the dog ate my homework" quality to Slob and Thug's antics. The Brothers Ford were profoundly lazy bastards, as their actual record in office readily points out. If they really did have blackmail material on a bunch of high level people, it would almost come as a relief because at least that would be an explanation, but I don't credit them with enough brains to pull off such a scheme.

So as it stands, they've been pushing the entire city around for years now, and the reason they've gotten away with that appears to be nothing more complicted than the fact that nobody in a position of power or responsibility was willing to stand up to them. The few minor setbacks they encountered, like Rofo being stripped of his official power as Mayor, allowed them to play martyrs to their base, and never really resulted in genuinely deserved punishments like being chucked out of office in disgrace or receiving any significant prison time. And now it's happening - again! - well past the point where thier shenanigans should have come to a halt. It's beyond insane. They're a couple of small-time bullshit artists, nothing more. They never should have been able to get this far.

They're a couple of small-time bullshit artists, nothing more. They never should have been able to get this far.

And yet they did, which is a reflection on us and our system more than anything. People are so hung up on being diplomatic and nice to the point of not being able to stand on judgements based on values.

It's the grand example of someone stepping on your toes and you're the one saying sorry - even if the act was intentional.

AoD

IMO, the thing that's so troubling about the Fords getting their way here - for hopefully, the last time, God willing - is that there's always been a sort of "the dog ate my homework" quality to Slob and Thug's antics. The Brothers Ford were profoundly lazy bastards, as their actual record in office readily points out. If they really did have blackmail material on a bunch of high level people, it would almost come as a relief because at least that would be an explanation, but I don't credit them with enough brains to pull off such a scheme.

So as it stands, they've been pushing the entire city around for years now, and the reason they've gotten away with that appears to be nothing more complicted than the fact that nobody in a position of power or responsibility was willing to stand up to them. The few minor setbacks they encountered, like Rofo being stripped of his official power as Mayor, allowed them to play martyrs to their base, and never really resulted in genuinely deserved punishments like being chucked out of office in disgrace or receiving any significant prison time. And now it's happening - again! - well past the point where thier shenanigans should have come to a halt. It's beyond insane. They're a couple of small-time bullshit artists, nothing more. They never should have been able to get this far.
To be blunt, who was going to give a fuck about 'major' players in the Etobicoke PC machinery when the PCs were in the middle of a 20 year dry spell and Etobicoke was literally and figuratively on the outskirts of municipal and provincial politics. Small time crooks that were in the right place at the right time. There are probably 1,000 families like them in the GTA where the stars didn't line up.

If I told you there was a single family pulling all the strings in the Beaches' NDP riding association, and in ten years one of their dim-witted but strangely charismatic daughters was going to win the mayorality on a campaign of guaranteed minimum income, you'd just roll your eyes and move on.

And yet they did, which is a reflection on us and our system more than anything. People are so hung up on being diplomatic and nice to the point of not being able to stand on judgements based on values.

It's the grand example of someone stepping on your toes and you're the one saying sorry - even if the act was intentional.

AoD
I was thinking about the Shirtless Jogger this morning. He was the first person to really stand up and say what a lot of people wanted to say. Funny how this was 2 years ago, but could have been written this morning:

"I think it's demoralizing, depressing for citizens of this city that this sideshow continues, he continues to inflict himself upon us," Killoran said."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...calls-rob-ford-s-record-disgraceful-1.2694608

AoD
How about judgments based on facts? Oh, right, he's never been charged or convicted, except the once, the COI suit brought by a mere citizen, overturned on appeal because the penalty -removal from office - was too severe?

How about judgments based on facts? Oh, right, he's never been charged or convicted, except the once, the COI suit brought by a mere citizen, overturned on appeal because the penalty -removal from office - was too severe?

Yeah, except the self-admission to crack use, the known cases of drinking and driving, etc. Those of course are facts too - facts that are all too often swept underneath the rug because he is now dead.

AoD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back