News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
re the place in Council, I think that anyone appointed cannot run in the next election, so unlikely Doug woul put his name in if they went this route,
1. That's the custom but it's just a gentleman's/woman's agreement that is not legally binding.
2. At least one other councillor was appointed but subsequently ran in a different ward.
3. Doug could get appointed to council and then run for mayor
4. Current (non-binding) council policy this early in the term is to hold a by-election

I really can't see a scenario where a Ford gets appointed. Much more likely to have a by-election, and if there is an appointment you'd probably see an inoffensive small-c conservative with no 2018 plans like Doug Holyday.

I don't think we can discus that either since Dougie (Rob son) is not of an age to choose to run for public office unless you would broaden the scope to include the partisan office of Doug Sr., then indeed one can say the Ford family is following a hereditary pattern in how it's members holding office but you would have to beat the the virtual randomness of a true democracy unfettered by privilege which appears to be the case at least in Ward 2.
Think of it as a regency - Dougie gets ready to take over in 2027, and until then his cousin or uncle can hold the seat warm.

For those keeping track, that's exactly what the Kennedys did when JFK became president - they had a family friend appointed to his Senate seat for the two years until Ted came of age.

Love this photo. So much good in here. "Orientals", "Ford Nation RIP", the Rob/Elvis/Marilyn/Bob/Celine sign, and of course Zanta.

Thanks for reminding me of the "Orientals"--that's a subtle one.

As for Celine Dion, I guess it's because she's a "grieving widow". (Though one interesting omission: Michael Jackson--esp. considering how Jacko ultra-fanatics might be the closest Ford Nation equivalent there is.)

OK Hugs for Ford and for good measure this Ford Nationite is offering BJ's for the Blue Jay's. Afterall can't let an opportunity to advertise go to waste
Screenshot_7.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_7.jpg
    Screenshot_7.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 515
Oh, incidentally, I find it interesting that there seems to be some buzz about Stephanie being the "star of the show" today--yet the way this thread and a lot of "anti-Fordish" discussion groups have gone, her presentation seems to be treated as a non sequitur other than the "Mayor of Heaven" line. Sort of like she so disarmingly *surpassed* expectations, she's not worth discussing other than a few "coached by xxx" suspicions around the edges.

Though it does suit the way that Ford Nation operates that they can identify with a eulogy by a child that makes no bones about being a child (even if, at 11, she's clearly on the verge of non-childhood)--whereas something like Justin at PET's funeral is, to them, just so much hoity-toity blather....

As for Warmington...is he good enough for Rebel? Otherwise, his loser-bashing might well suggest another Graeme case in the works...
Most of the contributors are part time wannabes and has beens lead by Levant and Lilly. Lately they have started to offer "premium content" not unlike The Sun. I agree with the suicide watch being quite possible with Worm's stability the last week.

I couldn't resist the lure of more SAL twattle... the event was too be non-partisan and it seems to me that it was the Ford brothers who liked to make things personal. Do a shitty job get fired.

160331-0001.png

Leftist hypocrites show up at Rob Ford’s funeral

As I watched the phalanx of leftist hypocrites two pews ahead of me at Rob Ford’s funeral Wednesday, I couldn’t help but think of my wife’s words about honouring the deceased.

Denise repeatedly reminds me that if one can’t show someone a modicum of compassion, or respect or decency in life, turning up at that person’s funeral reeks of opportunism and hypocrisy.
leftist-hypocrites-show-up-at-rob-fords-funeral

Attachments

• 160331-0001.png
    160331-0001.png
    323.1 KB · Views: 680
Last edited:
Oh, incidentally, I find it interesting that there seems to be some buzz about Stephanie being the "star of the show" today--yet the way this thread and a lot of "anti-Fordish" discussion groups have gone, her presentation seems to be treated as a non sequitur other than the "Mayor of Heaven" line. Sort of like she so disarmingly *surpassed* expectations, she's not worth discussing other than a few "coached by xxx" suspicions around the edges.

Though it does suit the way that Ford Nation operates that they can identify with a eulogy by a child that makes no bones about being a child (even if, at 11, she's clearly on the verge of non-childhood)--whereas something like Justin at PET's funeral is, to them, just so much hoity-toity blather....
She did fine. The biggest upside is that she gets the airtime in the newscasts instead of clips from Doug's campaign launch speech.

Think of it as a regency - Dougie gets ready to take over in 2027, and until then his cousin or uncle can hold the seat warm.

For those keeping track, that's exactly what the Kennedys did when JFK became president - they had a family friend appointed to his Senate seat for the two years until Ted came of age.
Makes perfect sense, not unlike regents of the crown.

Rob Ford's Toronto = lots of tantrums from Ford and paralysis at City Hall; gaffes and embarrassments on the national/world stage.
Going through some of the early posts on this thread and came across this absolute gem from 2010. Good job on your predictions King of Kensington. It is regrettable that you were right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back