News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you are really too much. Doug's daughters looked fine to me (more makeup than I'd ever wear but that's a personal preference); I see nothing wrong with kids getting help from a grown-up to write and practice a speech, and I see nothing wrong with them paying tribute to their dad. Y'all are trashing SAL and Warmington and you're really the other side of the same coin. A guy died, his family mourns him, his admirers mourn him -- no one said you have to mourn him but why shouldn't they?

And disagreeing with the scale of this event doesn't mean you have to pick apart every little thing that is said and done by every person in attendance.

Y'all are trashing SAL and Warmington and you're really the other side of the same coin. A guy died, his family mourns him, his admirers mourn him -- no one said you have to mourn him but why shouldn't they?

For SAL and Warmington, "mourning" means to be crass and hateful, even during the funeral itself. It must be exhausting!

So Rob finally made it into St. James! IIRC, during Prince Charles' visit to the city as part of a Canadian tour, Robbie was too whacked to get himself there to welcome Chuck to the city.
Too bad it wasn't done at Metropolitan United, with The Rev. Brent Hawkes officiating.

My favourite Ford pic...

BNnKmPkCEAEH16D.jpg:large

Too bad it wasn't done at Metropolitan United, with The Rev. Brent Hawkes officiating.

My favourite Ford pic...

BNnKmPkCEAEH16D.jpg:large
My favourite too! I don't think I've seen the second one, same pose, different angle. Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words! Or as Doug would say, "a million words".

I think Metropolitan United is different from Metropolitan Community (where Hawkes preaches) . Are two different places IIRC.

re the place in Council, I think that anyone appointed cannot run in the next election, so unlikely Doug woul put his name in if they went this route,

There's no rule about this, but the last time out the candidates were asked if they'd promise not to run.

The feeling is that incumbency is an unfair advantage in an election, especially if you gained that incumbency through an appointment.

She did fine. The biggest upside is that she gets the airtime in the newscasts instead of clips from Doug's campaign launch speech.

Well, it's interesting: I saw the clip, and got a (not in a bad way) generic "children are wiser than their elders" impression--not hard to come by in that family--and reinforced by how Steph was practically upstaged by her mom alongside her. Like if Ford's some beloved Mandela-figure for Toronto, Renata's like a cross btw/ the Mandela farewell-proceedings "sign language guy" and Kim Campbell dancing.

Truly; Renata's appearance and behaviour was shocking in a way that overshadows RoFo's drunken-stupor excesses. This ain't just mourning grief, folks. And it adds dimension to RoFo telling the kids to look after/out for her at this critical moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back