News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing Rob did do was apologize, if only to save face and even if he didn't mean it.

Sulkily and ungraciously, making sure we knew that he didn't mean it and didn't understand the point of it.

I couldn't remember whether Doug had ever been brought to the point of apologizing. Google reminded me that he had formally apologized to Bill Blair once.

Sulkily and ungraciously, making sure we knew that he didn't mean it and didn't understand the point of it.

I couldn't remember whether Doug had ever been brought to the point of apologizing. Google reminded me that he had formally apologized to Bill Blair once.
Like most things out of Dougie's mouth, they would be passive aggressive. A good example is this article:
Doug Ford begrudgingly apologizes to Bill Blair under legal threat, but Toronto’s police chief is not accepting it
http://news.nationalpost.com/toront...logies-to-chief-bill-blair-after-legal-threat

James Fallows in Atlantic Magazine posts a comment from a reader on comparisons of Trump to Rob Ford:
'A Fundamental Decency': The Difference Between Rob Ford and Donald Trump

It is unclear to me if Ford would have called the Khan family in the same scenario, however I do accept there is no way he would attempt to villify them as Trump has.

I dunno, they had no qualms villifying the Shirtless Jogger (just to give you the first example to spring to my mind). Oh, and the father whose son had autism.

It was certainly part of their toolkit.

Crack video trial is so close I can almost smell the crack fumes! Any predictions? I bet Sandy gets off and cops get embarrassed again. Think he'll write a book now that Ford's gone?

Crack video trial is so close I can almost smell the crack fumes! Any predictions? I bet Sandy gets off and cops get embarrassed again. Think he'll write a book now that Ford's gone?
I think the evidence here is a lot stronger than his pot charges.

A very big difference is that Ford managed to stay on his best behaviour during his first campaign
The Rob Ford that I remember from his first campaign would, when criticised in a debate, lean back in his chair, place his hands over his belly, look to the ceiling and do this chuckle. Then he would return to "war on the car, downtown elite, gravy train, return every phonecall, sixty dollar car tax". Trump can't seem to do that, he likes the spotlight too much. And it seems that he's losing whatever chance he did have because he can't moderate the ego or the mouth.

I had assumed that more people would come out of the woodwork after Ford died, with books and tell-all interviews and so on. Of course, this isn't the USA, so the market for that kind of thing is limited. And maybe the media feel that the public appetite has cooled.

As for the case, I take a pretty dim view of it. The Ford era more or less convinced me that the Police were either corrupt or incompetent; in fact the same goes for a whole lot of the public services in Toronto, from municipal government to courts and so on. If I had to bet my own money, I'd say he'll walk. But whether Sandro is convicted is ultimately less important to me that seeing the evidence out in the clear light of day.

Tim Hudak, the first target of Doug & Rob's 2010 "victory" ambitions is leaving provincial politics to become CEO of the Ontario Real Estate Board. Will Doug finally have a chance to replace him now?

Tim Hudak, the first target of Doug & Rob's 2010 "victory" ambitions is leaving provincial politics to become CEO of the Ontario Real Estate Board. Will Doug finally have a chance to replace him now?
I wonder if Trump's behaviour, combined with the behaviour of both Fords is going to impact having such a loudmouth as party leader. I think he is still toxic to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back