News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

They have 6 1/2 floors at TD, according to the Globe. No mention of how many they are taking at BAC. The story also goes on about how, now that the banks have sold their office buildings, law firms that act for the banks don't feel an obligation to rent in the same buildings as their bank clients.

Now that BA1 is more than 50% leased, let's start BA2 (can never have enough rectangular things for folks to work in).

BA - 2 is pure office or office and residential??

I'm waiting for BA - 3 that may appease the some of the box haters on this forum.

Personally I love the boxes....Toronto has a refined skyline. Not goofy like Dubai or Las Vegas. ( or Atlanta for that matter)

BA - 2 is pure office or office and residential??

I'm waiting for BA - 3 that may appease the some of the box haters on this forum.

Personally I love the boxes....Toronto has a refined skyline. Not goofy like Dubai or Las Vegas. ( or Atlanta for that matter)

Count me among the box lovers also!

BA2 (the East tower) is slated to be 43-45 storeys mixed office and residential, although I remember hearing a comment that they may change it to pure office depending on market demand. This is a quote from their Oct 2 press release: "Phases Two and Three of Bay Adelaide Centre will likely be a mix of office and hotel/residential."

Various sources list the north tower as anywhere from 35 to 47 storeys of hotel/residential.

Personally, I'm hoping that they get overwhelming demand, and decide to increase BA2 to a pure office tower even taller than BA1. But that's just wishful thinking on my part.

PS...Anyone have any photo updates (Geekaroo??)...I'm suffering from webcam withdrawal.

Well, considering that they added another storey onto BA1 while it was already U/C, I would guess that demand for office space is very strong.

I think that the size of BA2 and BA3 will be determined by what the City allows to be built.

Bill

You'd think they'd allow 100+ stories in this part of the CBD.

Given the increasing demand for office space and low vacancies it will be interesting to see if the RBC height is increased - the original plans included some provisions for a few additional floors if demand was sufficient.

I love the conformity of the minmalist boxes on the Toronto horizon. What would be great in the future is to have waaaay more boxes, and then "here and there" a really great "out of the box" design thrown into the mix. (a la : hummingbird tower or absolute world Mississauga).

i am trying to imagine your "box set city" and i think i have it!
midtown manhattan!
sure, there's the chrysler building etc.
but for the most part, the sky is dominated by 50 storey boxes row on row.
honestly, i think they overdid it on the boxes.
even downtown, you can't see the deco anymore.
box, box, box.
i'd opt for more of a mix.

Midtown is cool!!

1059775629_bed0a149db_o.jpg

Back