News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I am so unbelievably excited about this area finally being developed that I cant believe it! So many future memories in the making!

Its amazing to think that I used to skateboard daily in the downtown core and think nothing about where I was physically. Think about what developments will be still in contention in a few years time!

That's one helluva blue stepladder in those photos.

Whoever gets to take that thing home at night must have no problems putting up Christmas lights.

That's one helluva blue stepladder in those photos.

Whoever gets to take that thing home at night must have no problems putting up Christmas lights.

Need a flat deck to take it home after you saw off the chains. Its one pieces with a bolted section near the top.

The current steel will not be bolted and deck until just before Christmas subject to weather.

The next 3 floors columns are to go in early Jan subject to weather using the tower crane.

from the National Post..

Brookfields secures Faskens for new Toronto office tower

Posted: December 04, 2007, 1:39 PM by DrewHasselback
Real Estate, Legal Post

The Canadian subsidiary of Brookfield Properties Corp. said Tuesday it has landed a major tenant for its new office tower in downtown Toronto.

BPO Properties said law firm Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP signed a 20-year lease at the to-be-built Bay Adelaide Centre development in the financial district. The firm will be taking at least 150,000 square feet and can add another 20,000 square feet by the end of the year. Ric Clark, chief executive Brookfield Properties, said he was “pleased that we were able to secure a long-term agreement†with the large law firm.

The first phase of the project, dubbed Bay Adelaide Centre West, has already secured KPMG LLP and Goodmans LLP as tenants. The 50-storey, 1.1 million-square-foot west tower is now 57% pre-leased.

The first phase of the project is expected to be completed by the second half of 2009. The entire Bay Adelaide Centre development is 2.6 million square feet.

Caddillac Fairview to Brookfield.

I wonder why they didn't take space in RBC Centre????

hmmmmmmmm.....Somebody at C-F is getting bitch slapped right now!!

It's the address... Someone could put up a 50 storey concrete bunker and still lease office space. The prestige of having an office on Bay is great...

Because that's too far away from King and Bay for lawyers. Goodmans were thought to have moved to outer Siberia when they moved to 250 Yonge.

It's the address... Someone could put up a 50 storey concrete bunker and still lease office space. The prestige of having an office on Bay is great...

Must be the address. But still Cadillac Fairview had an inside track on the lead, how could they lose it? I mean their obviously an existing client, why not offer them insentivies to rent in your new building, irregardless of cost? I know that's what I would have done. I would have been: "I don't care what Brookfield is offering you, I'll give you all of that plus, I'm going to give you...blah blah blah all on top of that. I was talking with a property manager last week, and he was telling me that all the Cadillac Fairview people he deals with are idiots anyways. And that Cadillac Fairview treats their employees like shit. But then again I was speaking with another guy who processes the cheques for Cadillac Fairview and he was telling me how all the cheques he saw flying off the press were in the 10k a month range.

So in the end who knows.....

I'm not very impressed with Cadillac-Fairview right now. None of the washrooms in the Eaton Centre had any soap in the dispensers.. not even the one hidden upstairs at Indigo. :mad:

Back