News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Hello everyone. Just made this account after years and years of lurking on skyscrapercity and skyscraperpage. Anyways, the main reason I even made this account is because I was wondering the status on the Currie Barracks redevelopment? I haven't seen anything on it in over a year, noticed nothing new every time I drive by and can't find anything new on any of these pages in its regards. I really liked the plans for it, especially the added height to our city outside the core. Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone. Just made this account after years and years of lurking on skyscrapercity and skyscraperpage. Anyways, the main reason I even made this account is because I was wondering the status on the Currie Barracks redevelopment? I haven't seen anything on it in over a year, noticed nothing new every time I drive by and can't find anything new on any of these pages in its regards. I really liked the plans for it, especially the added height to our city outside the core. Thanks in advance!
My guess is that it's on hold until the market improves. Embassy Bosa (now Bosa Developments) has other projects that are further along, and in more established communities. I doubt there's enough market appetite to develop an entire new mid-high end high density community right now.

My guess is that it's on hold until the market improves. Embassy Bosa (now Bosa Developments) has other projects that are further along, and in more established communities. I doubt there's enough market appetite to develop an entire new mid-high end high density community right now.
Dang that sucks, I really liked the ide of having a second skyline added to Calgary.

I wonder if the people who bought your company's building also bought the other buildings around it with the idea of a new development?
Seems like an odd building to buy unless planning to bulldoze.

Has there been any rezoning in this area?
https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0838751,-114.0580957,151m/data=!3m1!1e3

Company I work for just sold their old shop which was here:
https://www.google.ca/maps/@51.0841...4!1sXwABrISaiYJu15H9151NiA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Building is not worth using anymore.

Meadows Mile has had some new construction start up, for Lot# reference:
Blackfoot Point 2 sign IMG_1746 by ferreth, on Flickr

A Professional Centre is under construction on the far south Lot 1:
Professional Centre Render IMG_2164 by ferreth, on Flickr

Piling is done, and they have been digging - they are down another couple of meters since this photo was taken:
Digging PC IMG_2163 by ferreth, on Flickr

The overall area, showing the Holiday Inn in the background
Digging overall IMG_2165 by ferreth, on Flickr

If you refer back to my older pictures, you'll note that the Holiday Inn has not changed since spring. It is being worked on; a small crew is there everyday (I assume) working on the interior.

There is a little retail strip that would be in the foreground to the Holiday Inn, they are laying foundation for that. The only thing left to start construction is the Cadillac dealer that will be on Lot 13, but it's been fenced off and there has been recent activity that looks promising for a start shortly.

Hi all. Just wanted to post a few photos from in an around EV. Went for a nice bike ride with my Son yesterday. The Anthem project
is moving along. What really caught my attention was the cantilevered decks along the bike/ped path. Blew my mind.
IMG_3529t.jpg

IMG_3530.JPG
IMG_3535.JPG
IMG_3539.JPG
IMG_3538.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3529t.jpg
    IMG_3529t.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 478
  • IMG_3530.JPG
    IMG_3530.JPG
    222.3 KB · Views: 495
  • IMG_3535.JPG
    IMG_3535.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 517
  • IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    270.7 KB · Views: 483
  • IMG_3538.JPG
    IMG_3538.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
^I think Waterfront will look good along the bike path, especially when all the construction fencing is gone. I was out along the bike path with my son yesterday around 1:00pm-2:00pm.

Back