News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It's a boring look in either natural or white. It's precast with grey & white spandrel.

Agreed, it looks so much better. I haven't seen it in person (I edited one of surreal's pics), but looks better in the pic.

The MacKimmie Tower being walled off from the rest of the complex.
IMG_2645.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2645.JPG
    IMG_2645.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 295
It's so weird that they're pushing forward on this without releasing the design. Curse the inscrutability of governments.

It's a reclad. It's not a change in land use or does it require a DP. All it needs are permits. It's entirely in the hands of the university to show us or not.

For projects on the main campus the permits iirc the university applies for permits to have a third party building code review more than anything else. The city has no authority to dictate any land use on campus.

I've got mixed feelings about that development along Memorial, on one hand it's always nice to see new developments in the inner-city, but it's always a shame to see some nice old house is torn down even know they were in great shape.

What's with these cheap looking "rusty" bridges that are consistently being built. There is a pedestrian bridge in inglewood and a few overpass bridges with this rusty iron look. I wish the zoo bridge was a small scale suspension bridge or something cool.

All things considered, the box girders do have an elegant and functional curve to them.

Back