News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

They claim ParkPlace will have 6,000 units - I thought it was supposed to have 4,000...there's no way Bessarion will stay in last place in the station ridership race.

some pictures from dec 23rd

Neo, HVE & CN Tower
IMG_9899.JPG

Neo & future Sobeys
IMG_9900.JPG

Montage @ ~ 37 storeys
IMG_9901.JPG

Montage from the North side
IMG_9904.JPG

Neo from the North side
IMG_9905.JPG

I just liked the sky in this pic ;)
IMG_9902.JPG

youve got some fairly nice pics there... the late day light and the sky added some nice colour!

Alright then, this project is just about to start moving west again... I assume that they will continue with a uniform concrete wall facing the railiway tracks. The view is only going to keep improving from Front and Spadina... eventually we might drag Front and Bathurst into the 21st century too!

nice pics, majic, and welcome to the forum! :)

Okay, they've officially gone too far. Up till now I was fine with the designs, but what's with Montage? It's a commieblock. Black and grey with cutouts for the windows and... ugh it's just ugly.

Okay, they've officially gone too far. Up till now I was fine with the designs, but what's with Montage? It's a commieblock. Black and grey with cutouts for the windows and... ugh it's just ugly.

I like how you said 'go too far' because I completely agree with you. I really like Cityplace and I give it all the best of my wishes but these latest pictures (No offense to the member who took them, majic, thanks!:D) confirm what I hoped wouldn't become reality. Bland, mediocre, conformist, boring, pedestrian...its all I wanted it not to be. If I could have two Cityplace New Years Wishes, they would be that when everything comes together in 20whatever it will at least be functional and used, period. It doesn't have to win any awards for best community, I just want it to be used and used well.

How hopeful I am that these wishes will be fulfilled is another matter but....

Merry Christmas Cityplace

While I like the individual buildings at CityPlace, the area is looking increasingly soulless and sterile.

Would a house o'worship give the area more soul? I wonder what the majority religion is at city place? Build a grand cathedral down here!

St Cityplace--in honour of all those who have been blessed by the money made flipping city place condos!

Clewes, your first church?

I still love Cityplace, and for better or worse--- its monotony is powerful and really supermodern looking. At night it's even more amazing. Like time travel.

But yeah, Montage is too black. I would've preferred another HVE or N1 there to be honest.

I think the render of Montage is great with that raised wall and overhanging bit as a crown. That view is from the south though, so it remains to be seen if this distinctive top translates to other angles.... we'll have to wait and see once this one tops out and the landscaping is done and nicer weather is in season.

I actually kind of like the darker tones of the last few CP highrises, Before these I thought it was looking a bit too Vancouver (if not a little chintzy) with all those light blues, greens and precast. I also think the red brick adds a little more texture and colour to that stretch of spadina, I think it would look even more sterile without it. The red brick on NEO sort of reminds me of the red-toned balconies that partially clad 1CityHall.

IMO, Neo is turning out to be the best part of cityplace built so far. Its presence on spadina is very powerful, and it has colour. Hate the red if you want, but i think this tower would be much MUCH more bland without it.

I find when it comes to CityPlace I'm always liking the most recent developement best. With the exception of the faux brick when seen up close, I'm loving Neo.

Back