News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Quick update today from the Gardiner. The full glass portion of the tower has started, and it certainly doesn't look like there will be any 'brick' on Montage.

montage.jpg
img3970uy3.jpg

Just as well I suppose.....

Since no one seemed to really like the brick that went up on Neo.

The brick seemed as cheap as hell, but I was looking forward to seeing some colour on the building. It would have broken up the monotony a bit.

The "brick" on Neo looks a lot better since they painted it a more realistic colour. It will always look artificial from a distance just because the "bricks" are lined up perfectly, not staggered.

I really don't like the facades on these two and Neo's height/girth is a tad overbearing for Spadina

/\ Really? I like how it looms over Bremner and Spadina when approaching from the Skydome/Rogers Center. I can't wait to see what this intersection will look like once the Signature tower is in place with RBC, Ritz and 300 Front just around the corner! Ive done some mock-ups with Google earth, I'll post them once I get home.

I find myself in agreement with maestro, this phase is a little gloomy.

whether you like that fake red brick or not, it seems to ruin the continuity and interplay between these two buildings to only see it on one of them. I thought that element looked great in the rendering and really tied this pair together...

Maybe we'll get the red brick on Montage on the balconies running up the middle of the south facade.

It could happen. It could.

(It really needs it to tie into Neo - I agree.)

I really don't like the facades on these two and Neo's height/girth is a tad overbearing for Spadina

In the context of Cityplace... I'm liking Neo/Montage the best so far. At first I didn't think I would like the brick, but I think it looks pretty sharp in real life. Wish Montage had gotten this treatment too.

Well, this is a development in progress. I agree; it looks gloomy now. Maybe when it's finished my opinion will change. Or when summer comes back...

Concord Adex Chooses Energy Savings and Safety with Lumonall

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/marketwire/0338544.htm

Concord Adex Chooses Energy Savings and Safety with Lumonall

December 11, 2007: 10:19 AM EST

Lumonall, Inc. (OTCBB: LUMN), a global purveyor of photoluminescent (glow-in-the-dark) emergency signage and guidance systems, is pleased to announce that it has entered into an agreement with Concord Adex Development Corps. to supply all of the developer's future buildings with Lumonall photoluminescent Exit Signs. Concord Adex is the developer of Toronto's largest residential urban Master Planned community, Concord - CityPlace, in downtown Toronto, and their newest 40-acre Master Planned community, ParkPlace, located in North York.

Concord Adex's active projects consist of seven condominium buildings named the Luna, Panorama and Parade at Concord - CityPlace, and Discovery 1 and Discovery 2 in Concord - ParkPlace. Depending of the size of the buildings, each project will require 200 to 400 Lumonall Exit Signs per building. Under development since 2000, CityPlace is comprised of 20 condominium towers, home for over 10,000 residents, 11 of which are completed, and the balance of nine either under construction or in final stages of planning.

Acquired in late 2006, Concord Adex's newest Master Planned Community, Concord - ParkPlace, is comprised of 20 condominium buildings with over 6,000 residential units. Construction start is planned for Q3 2008 with an anticipated build out over the next 10 years.

"As developers of Master Planned Communities we are constantly looking to innovative building systems and technologies to 'Future Proof' our developments," said David McComb, Senior Vice-President for Concord Adex Developments. "Lumonall(TM) Exit Signs integrate well with our 'green initiatives program' by eliminating the ongoing burden to the end user of the cost of electricity and maintenance required by current and soon to be obsolete electrically lit exit signs, at no additional cost to the Developer. The systems adds another layer which is safety, whereby these photoluminescent signs can be wall-mounted at floor level where they are most effective when, in case of an emergency, an occupant is forced to exit a smoke-filled corridor. We are very pleased to be an industry leader and to add value to our communities by specifying Lumonall(TM) safety products."

"We are extremely excited to have the developer of Toronto's largest urban Master-Planned high-rise community specifying our photoluminescent signs," stated Mike Hetherman, President and COO of Lumonall, Inc. "Photoluminescent signage is the way to go in new building development. Not only is it a failsafe technology, it doesn1t require any of the internal wiring and energy infrastructure traditional, or even new LED signage does."

Lumonall products and solutions rely on a propriety formulation for photoluminescent material that absorbs ambient light, stores the energy and emits/glows for at least 90 minutes (as certified by the Underwriters Laboratory). The company focuses first and foremost on safety, concentrating on realities such as fire truck ladder limitations (they can only reach the sixth floor of any building), and work in line with the fact that the best way of evacuating a building in any emergency situation is via clearly marked and illuminated doors and passages.

Supplemental to that mission, there is also a significant green element to Lumonall products in that, unlike traditional emergency signage, they don't use any energy, allow for a reduction in a developers capitol cost by reducing the required sizing of a building's emergency generator, they don't require bulb replacement (incandescent or otherwise) or any other form of maintenance. Also, by installing Lumonall photoluminescent products in lieu of traditional emergency signage, LEED Building Projects can gain points in Innovation in Design credits, and may gain in the Energy and Atmosphere and Materials and Resources categories

About Concord Adex Development Corp.

Concord Adex Developments Corp. is a member of Concord Pacific Group Inc., a leading developer of urban, Master Planned residential neighbourhoods. The company, with headquarters in Vancouver, was founded in 1987 and develops communities in British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario, which create long-term value for their residents.

About Lumonall, Inc.

Lumonall, Inc. is a global supplier of innovative photoluminescent (PLM) products, with a current concentration on Exit Signs and Safety Way Guidance Systems (SWGS). A supplier of "green" products and solutions, Lumonall concentrates first and foremost on Safety, Environmental issues and Cost savings. The company leverages nearly 20 years of innovation and development in manufacturing, photoluminescent technology, and safety products. Using the company's proprietary PLM formulation, Lumonall intends to internationally market low cost, high performance photoluminescent Exit Signs and Safety Way Guidance Systems. The company's PLM formulation meets all current building code standards.

This release includes projections of future results and "forward-looking statements" as that term is defined in Sections 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 as amended (the "Securities Act"), and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 as amended (the "Exchange Act"). All statements that are included in this release, other than statements of historical fact, are forward-looking statements. Although management believes that the expectations reflected in these forward-looking statements are reasonable, it can give no assurance that such expectations will prove to have been correct. Important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the expectations are disclosed in this release, including, without limitation, in conjunction with those forward-looking statements contained in this release.

Contacts:
Aka Communications Associates
Mike Connell
(416) 463-8913 ext. 230
Email: mconnell@akacom.com
Concord Adex Developments Corp.
David McComb
Senior Vice President
(416) 813-1018
(416) 813-0300 (FAX)

I'm glad and relieved to read that Concord Adex has chosen energy savings and safety with Luminall. I was on pins and needles for a little while there. As the days passed, I was growing totally convinced that I'd visit the forum one day and discover that "Concord Adex Chooses Conspicuous Waste and Third-Degree Burns with Explodolite Emergency Illumination Rockets."

That was a close one.

^ Explodolite -- they're the suppliers of the Federation Starfleet consoles, right?

Back