News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

It sounds more sad than "trashy as fuck"--and makes me wonder what state Renata and the kids are in now, really, if it's all come to this point...
I agree, she doesn't work and doesn't seem to have any skills, the family breadwinner died and the brother is keeping her money from her. I expect at some point a tell all book will be out.

I agree, she doesn't work and doesn't seem to have any skills, the family breadwinner died and the brother is keeping her money from her. I expect at some point a tell all book will be out.

And lest we forget, she lost her father as well--and who knows what her present relationship is to her own family.

At this point, cheap digs at her own vices, at her children's quirks, at the present whereabouts of the family puppy/dog seem misplaced. (Though it *does* retrospectively highlight the Sun publicity over said puppy as rather macabre--not least because it was all part of the FoFam-orchestrated heartstring-tugging spectacle.)

I also can't help thinking of the saga of Mel Lastman's illegitimate sons.

"It has been a usual tactic of the left and the elites to launch a relentless stream of attacks and rumors against Conservatives days before elections, when there is too little time to adequately get to the truth or fight back." This comment sure sounds like it comes from a certain poster on this own forum. Didn't know we hosted fancy bloggers here. Good work Coffey1.

Just imagine the look on Doug's face when he heard that Renata had actually filed. She knows where a lot of bodies are buried and I was wondering if he would be stupid enough to try and screw her over financially. Like a lot of manufacturers (unless he's the only label maker in town) his business is way down. It's hard to support the life style that the Ks have come to expect and we know Mama Ford isn't going to Swiffer her own Ming-a-ling vases. So much for efficiency. He thought Renata was just as dumb as Rob when it came to money. Well he thought wrong and it looks like she's just a little sharper than him. So much for being the brains of the outfit.:D

Worth noting that an extreme right wing site sees conspiracy and pulls the “conservatives are the underdog” card?

Isn’t that like, every conservative blogger these days?

No matter whats narrated in the article I can only see this as being negative for the Conservatives. If by some chance there is a link to Brown it my imply they belief Ford was involved in his demise.

May be nothing but the timing is more than questionable

Voters will ultimately ignore this unfortunate personal family matter and vote primarily along party lines. We have a parliamentary system so you are voting for the party, not the leader. You may not like Doug but his powers are in check.

The fact is that in their one and only opportunity to govern Ontario the NDP nearly destroyed the province and chased away more business and jobs (including their former leader!) than anyone in Ontario's history. The NDP are an ideological threat to anyone hoping for economic prosperity and fiscal responsibility. They would single handedly destroy the Ontario economy and with it the real estate industry.

How anyone here with a vested interest in the real estate industry's continued prosperity can contemplate voting for the NDP is just baffling. That includes:

-developers
-builders
-landlords
-investors
-broker and agents
-lenders
-lawyers
-planners
-mortgage brokers
-architects
-engineers
-marketing companies
-appraisers
-etc

You are all here for one reason or another because you have a passion for real estate and the development of it. The Toronto condo market imploded the moment the NDP came to power and stayed in a depression for the better of the proceeding decade. While I concede they may not have caused the bubble that let up to the crash, they surely worsened the pain with their draconian policies that followed.

Here a simple graph detailing the housing apocalypse that persisted under the NDP government:

http://www.torontocondobubble.com/2013/02/toronto-housing-bubble-in-1980s.html

Remember that when you hit the polls Thursday please.

Last edited:
No matter whats narrated in the article I can only see this as being negative for the Conservatives. If by some chance there is a link to Brown it my imply they belief Ford was involved in his demise.

Indeed this should have been filed much earlier, ardent PC voters see it as a conspiracy & fake news, if you give them the links to the documentation they simply can't be arsed to read it.
Nothing will sway their vote as they are blinded by hate for the Libs and NDP. OR maybe too stupid to comprehend?

This campaign is deja vu all over again. Grabbing my phone before my eyes are even open in the morning to see what fresh antics have unfolded overnight from Doug's gang of lovable misfits. Spent four years doing that in 2010-2014.

People baying at the timing of this breaking story are probably not aware that there'll be two or three horrors every week to enjoy from a Doug Ford premiership - it'll be another rolling Ford circus.

I wonder how bad things are for Renata and the kids. I feel incredibly sad for the children.

I am sure that one of the articles says it was filed earlier but has only now been made public.

Kevin Donovan on Metro Morning said the newsroom received a tip by phone on Friday saying that the case was filed in Superior Court, but didn't say when it had been filed. Reporters would have seen the documents on Monday morning.

So if reporters tried to reach Doug over the weekend even before seeing the details, no wonder Doug was acting like a skittish cat yesterday. No media allowed in the bakery!

The timing makes a lot more sense if you look at the length of execution of an estate. Generally, the average takes about a year. It's likely that because of the ties in Rob's estate to the company business and various assets in Canada and the United States that Ford's estate could be more complicated, and needing more time. Considering that Renata immediately went to lawyers, rather than have Doug handle everything himself, meant she didn't trust him. A two-year deadline to fully execute the will was likely the idea of lawyers to give Doug a reasonable and fair chance to fully execute the estate. Two years would put us at March 22, 2018.

That Doug was named estate trustee (nee: executor) is not surprising. Rob's kids weren't old enough to handle it, and he may have not wanted to put that burden on Renata. So, knowing he was dying (and that he'd be outlived by the majority of his family) he gives the honour to his bestest buddy in all of the world and the guy he looks up to the most, his brother Doug. It wouldn't surprise me though if Doug had pushed Rob for this as well.

After giving him enough time, some investigation would be required by the lawyers; going through Rob's and Deco's tax information, getting a full account of all the assets Rob owned or co-owned, etc. considering according to the filing Doug wasn't forthcoming with that information. If true, this could also lead to criminal charges against Doug for executor fraud.

While the election makes a great motivator for Doug to get it over and done with, there were months and months of preparation in this. But she and her lawyers are within their legal right to use that as leverage, considering by Doug's own admission this has been going on for a while: "Renata’s lawyers have been clear to us throughout this campaign, that either we hand over money…”

It's also important to note that reports are that Renata herself approached lawyers—rather than the other way around—before Doug ran for PC leader and before Brown was ousted. Unless she changed law firms, Brown's sister is a mere coincidence.

Last edited:

Back