News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Trump is a master of distraction. You can’t look away for a minute, and that may well be the case here, although I’m not convinced that Doug is actually that bright.

A semi-literate blowhard, it's some sketchy excuse of him in provoking this chaos, I suppose. This pass doesn't apply in any way to the PC MPP's who are, most shamefully , in lockstep with him. Cowards, one and all.

I think Ford is not smart but he does retail politics really well and as a result has built a solid base with about a third of voters.

A good reminder of the Ford/Trump types- their cores will likely support them as they're seen as upturning the apple cart/breaking up the hardpack. Established process goes out the window as change (ironically) becomes the imperative- moreso, this 'process' may be seen as an extension of the existing political system and all that ails it.
There's no question that an old-school "gentleman" premier like Bill Davis (who has condemned the move) or Bob Rae or Dalton McGuinty would have respected the courts and not used the clause for anything but an emergency.

But Ford doesn't play by those rules. He's a disruptor. He even said he "won't be shy" about doing it again and asserted that "the people" are with him.
https://www.therecord.com/opinion-s...ur-electoral-system-ford-would-be-restrained/

I think Ford is not smart but he does retail politics really well and as a result has built a solid base with about a third of voters.

Retail politics? As in being a successful businessman or as "pandering to his rich developer friends or those who profit from deals he can provide when privatization starts" While on council he has been admonished several times for conflict of interest and the last I heard Deco isn't doing so great. Thus I can only assume he will cater to his rich friends and make deals that will benefit him, because we all know he's not in it for the people or the derogatory phrase "the little guy".

Retail politics? As in being a successful businessman or as "pandering to his rich developer friends or those who profit from deals he can provide when privatization starts" While on council he has been admonished several times for conflict of interest and the last I heard Deco isn't doing so great. Thus I can only assume he will cater to his rich friends and make deals that will benefit him, because we all know he's not in it for the people or the derogatory phrase "the little guy".

It is well known that Trump was a shitty businessman, but to the avg voter, they still sawTrump as a businessman and I have heard this from countless people right or left about Trump.

I think you forget it does not matter what the reality is...It is the image they can pull off and the reality is Doug Ford simplistic style allows him to sell his flawed message easily, so he is great at retail politics.

It is well known that Trump was a shitty businessman, but to the avg voter, they still sawTrump as a businessman and I have heard this from countless people right or left about Trump.

I think you forget it does not matter what the reality is...It is the image they can pull off and the reality is Doug Ford simplistic style allows him to sell his flawed message easily, so he is great at retail politics.

OH you were referring to Trump and not Doug. Let's not start analyzing Trump when there is so much to be said about Doug Ford. Oh well but same shit, different politician, difference being a lot of Ontarians weren't smart enough to do the research, or listen what he had to offer (remember he never said anything about policies and cancellations) Just cheap beer and efficiencies. I know a lot of Conservative people who didn't vote conservative because of Ford the dishonest ways he was elected party leader. And if they only read the Toronto Sun or watched CP24 they weren't exactly well informed, as a matter of fact they were just as stupid as those who voted Trump.

It's nice to see Ford working so hard to restore order after that judge tried to throw things into chaos. I think it's too early to start rating Ford among the greatest Premiers in Ontario history - but we shall see. He does have the passion, vision and common sense to perhaps make it there.
Looks like the Legislature will resume sitting on Monday.

Harris reduced the # of MPPs by 30%+. Ford reduced his Executive by 30%+. At least Ford and the PC's have loads of credibility on this issue.

Last edited:

Back