News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

To be fair Northern the Conservatives ran 32% female Candidates, a record. That compares to 39% Liberal and around 50% NDP and Green.

So the Conservative have some work to do to bring those numbers up but they are trending in the right direction (no pun intended).

Interesting if all these female candidates are running but only 33% were elected that may say other things about the Parties and maybe electorate

So Jason Kenney coming down to Ontario didn't seem to have helped Conservative much.
I was going to say something ungentlemanly like "because he is an arrogant dick politicizing Albertans' fears about their economy to build his personal brand and exaggerate differences with the rest of the country", but I don't want to say something so ad hominem. So I'll just say he gives off the air of being a dick and he rubs me the wrong way.

Last edited:
That is unnecessary and unbecoming of a newspaper in North America's second-largest English language newspaper market.It is shockingly crass and unhelpful. And perhaps a sign of the times.

It's the Sun, though honestly this one isn't all that crass by their standards. The ones for Wynne are far, far worse.

AoD

So, while Kenney and Moe are calling for western separation, Pallister wants no part of it.

It's the Sun, though honestly this one isn't all that crass by their standards. The ones for Wynne are far, far worse.

AoD
I'd probably disapprove of them too. I've had enough crassness in public discourse. It should be kept here - on urbantoronto - where we can relish it privately. :rolleyes:

1000px-Canadian_Federal_Election_Cartogram_2019.svg.png

You can really tell how splintered the nation is by looking at this map
Although, it looks less splintered with this visualization (which is actually more accurate) than with a proper geographic one (which makes the country look mostly blue). Still, a heat map that shows the depth of each party in each region would show us as less splintered that we may think. And also, that we've been in worse places too, even a generation ago.

Although, it looks less splintered with this visualization (which is actually more accurate) than with a proper geographic one (which makes the country look mostly blue). Still, a heat map that shows the depth of each party in each region would show us as less splintered that we may think. And also, that we've been in worse places too, even a generation ago.

What I do want to find out is what happens if an urban vote is worth as much as a rural vote.

AoD

The trouble with bringing the nation closer together federal policy-wise is that regional interests simultaneously want national buy in and decentralization at the same time. The Liberals tend to favour centralization or harmonization as do I; however, this raises fears of national power and wealth concentration. Fears that I would argue are legitimate.

Back