News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This only cost $8M. If it is a disaster, it can (and will) be undone. In the mean time, the TTC expects pretty significant operating cost savings. I'm somewhat skeptical that it will be a disaster, since bus traffic reduces the curb lane throughput for cars anyway.

Agree that the bike lane mixed with buses is a bit half baked.

'Half baked'. I would argue the best parts of the plan are a tenth baked for both bike lanes, and public transit improvement. And completely burnt when you look at impacts to motorists in terms of confusion and added congestion.

The sad part is this wont be undone until we are all paying hundreds of millions or more likely billions more after another chaotic unnecessary political battle that will ensue by from the various degrees of divisions being flamed within this scheme. We didn't need to spend $1 no matter $8 million to know how minimal any benefit to any mode this would be. The City can try to sell and force it upon us to accept as they have started and always do, but the reality will come out down the road. After a plan like this it likely wont be cost friendly or politically friendly.

"Priority Neighborhoods' means absolutely nothing to the City and will remain exactly that since there is no equitable plans to change, if anything this plan will help widen the divide in many areas. Absolute insanity and so painfully obvious where this is going and the damage on greater City building

Last edited:
"Priority Neighborhoods' means absolutely nothing to the City and will remain exactly that since there is no equitable plans to change, if anything this plan will help widen the divide in many areas. Absolute insanity and so painfully obvious where this is going and the damage on greater City building
This same person criticized Transit City for being more a social engineering project than a transit project. If you're confused then welcome to the club.

Since it is obvious you do not care for the current plan, you could give some feedback to the TTC (https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...2021+Annual+Service+Plan+Discussion+Guide.pdf) about the EE bus priority lanes plan.

I would also suggest making some deputations to the TTC board. Since you are incredibly passionate about Scarborough I think that use of your energy would be more likely to get the results you want.

Last edited:
Since it is obvious you do not care for the current plan, you could give some feedback to the TTC (https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...2021+Annual+Service+Plan+Discussion+Guide.pdf) about the EE bus priority lanes plan.

I would also suggest making some deputations to the TTC board. Since it’s obvious you are incredibly passionate about Scarborough I think that use of your energy would be more likely to get the results you want.

Thx. Always give my feedback through the appropriate channels FWIW.

Inevitably my concerns in regards to the narrow transit planning scope are nothing new. We already lost almost two decades due to the repercussions of poorly detailed planning for Central Scarborough. This will be interesting to see how this plays out politically over then next 2 years as the impacts will be felt immediately and the local Councillors Ainsle and Mckelvie will have to determine the climate. In the bigger picture its always easy to shove East Scarborough under the rug with no Scarborough centric media coverage in the City and little care or understanding of the area by outsiders, but no matter what happens short term here the shelving of the EELRT has ensured this corridor will be played with politically for decades to come once EWLRT is built unless somehow the City resurrects the old plan in between.

That doesn't look promising.

Last edited:
Reference to the Eglinton East LRT. This is from Toronto and West Turn Around for the Durham-Scarborough BRT.

1605929961467.png

From this report to the Dec 10th Executive Committee:

As linked above by @abovetoronto

We learn that the EELRT continues to inch along a path to existence.

We also learn that a new design for the connection to Kennedy Station is required due to final designs for the SSE.

This will mean the EELRT will have an underground station at Midland, and then on to Kennedy.

Not yet finalized, but under discussion is through-running with the Crosstown.

From the report:

The preferred and recommended option for advancing design work is a tunneled option.This option maintains EELRT through-service connectivity with the Eglinton Crosstown, which attracts higher levels of ridership and is consistent with the original project objectives. It would require a longer tunnel into Kennedy station, with an underground station at Midland Avenue and the potential for market-driven transit-o riented development above the station.

The tunneled option mitigates potential pedestrian and cycling conflicts at Eglinton Avenue and Midland Avenue, and supports active transportation close to key transit modes. It also mitigates operational and design concerns at the eastern end of the Eglinton Avenue overpass. Further design of this option will need to address any potential property impacts within the subject area to optimize the benefits to the community

We also learn that discussions are underway with the MTO to accommodate the EELRT on a rehabbed/reconstructed Morningside bridge over the 401.

Next Steps:

2. City Council direct the Chief Planner and Executive Director, City Planning and the Executive Director, Transit Expansion Office to report back on updated business case analysis for the Eglinton East Light Rail Transit project, including project costs, recommended schedule and a phasing approach, prior to the 2022 Budget process

Back