News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Phew. For a second, I thought they were advocating tunnelling the whole line east of Kennedy, not just the segment at Midland. That would have been absurd, but I can't put it past the City...
It's the province would push for that kind of asinine construction.

Knowing the city, they would push for at-grade construction with stops at every intersection, no matter how unwarranted the stop would be.

In all seriousness, Eglinton West is being priced at 4.7 Billion Dollars, despite the fact that its almost entire tunneled, and isn't that much shorter than Eglinton East, 13.9km vs 15km, Half a million dollars per km vs a quarter of a million. That is a surprisingly small difference.

How can an at grade LRT cost 4 billion?

I think it should be clear that the final price for the EWLRT and SSE will ultimately be much higher than the costs being provided now.

Can't see the EELRT becoming a major priority anytime soon.

How can an at grade LRT cost 4 billion?

Not only that but theres no maintenence and storage facility, as it would use the existing Crosstown one, which usually adds to expense.

I cant imagine the through-connection at Kennedy station would add that much cost.

The mind boggles.

Not only that but theres no maintenence and storage facility, as it would use the existing Crosstown one, which usually adds to expense.

I cant imagine the through-connection at Kennedy station would add that much cost.

The mind boggles.
No. I believe a new MSF would be built north of UTSC.

I think it should be clear that the final price for the EWLRT and SSE will ultimately be much higher than the costs being provided now.

Can't see the EELRT becoming a major priority anytime soon.
That doesn't make any sense though, Inflation isn't that, or at the very least isn't high enough to increase the price tag of a project by A BILLION DOLLARS. And also I definitely see a possibility of both extensions opening around the same time.

Compare with the Hurontario LRT costs. From link.

In 2016, the (Hurontario) LRT line was projected to cost $1.4 billion. (Prior to the cancellation of the Brampton portion of the line, the estimated cost was around $1.6 billion.) On April 21, 2015, the Government of Ontario announced that it would completely fund the line, not including local capital costs such as utility relocations, surface upgrades, and landscaping.

When Mobilinx was chosen as the winning bidder, the total contract value was $5.6 billion. This included $4.6 billion to design, build and finance plus $1 billion to operate and maintain the line for 30 years. The line was previously costed at $1.2 billion for capital costs only. The City of Mississauga is expected to cover the operating and maintenance costs.

In all seriousness, Eglinton West is being priced at 4.7 Billion Dollars, despite the fact that its almost entire tunneled, and isn't that much shorter than Eglinton East, 13.9km vs 15km, Half a million dollars per km vs a quarter of a million. That is a surprisingly small difference.

Might as well tunnel the whole thing then, because you know, Scarborough "deserves" it!

We've got plenty of money for this...err, right??

Might as well tunnel the whole thing then, because you know, Scarborough "deserves" it!

We've got plenty of money for this...err, right??

Im all for spending tax dollers on transit that doesnt really benefit myself directly, and i love tunnels, but there's a line in the sand.

When will the "Etobicoke deserves this" episode start.

Back