News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Sorry for the bump, but I was talking to my friend who works for Rogers Media.

The uncovered HVAC units, apparently their "not approved to do anything to mask the ugliness." He says it's still in the plans someday though. Don't know exactly what that means, but thought it was worth sharing.

For those of you wondering why they haven't changed the CityTV logo on the tower to their new identity as 'City', apparently it costs over $100,000 to knock off the "TV" portion of the logo because they need to pay engineers to bring a crane, measure weight balance, weld new brackets, lighting, blah. So basically, it's never happening.

For those of you wondering why they haven't changed the CityTV logo on the tower to their new identity as 'City', apparently it costs over $100,000 to knock off the "TV" portion of the logo because they need to pay engineers to bring a crane, measure weight balance, weld new brackets, lighting, blah. So basically, it's never happening.

I'll get rid of it for $100 plus the cost of tape

They could have covered those HVAC units with frosted glass, metal or even plastic, for a very small price. There is no justification for what Rogers did to uglify Dundas Square.

I hate Rogers, even though they are my internet provider. (at the moment) The truth is, Rogers just doesn't give a flying duck about anything but profit. Toronto is a distant after thought for them.

Last edited:
This has probably been asked and answered before, but I've always been curious why there is a random column beside the torch that doesn't connect to anything.

This has probably been asked and answered before, but I've always been curious why there is a random column beside the torch that doesn't connect to anything.
It was put there when they were building the original 'Olympic Museum" and I seem to remember seeing a rendering of it with a sculpture of some sort on or attached to it.(Olympic Rings??)

From today's Broadcast Dialogue...

Branded Cities Out-of-Home (OOH) has entered into a new long-term agreement with Rogers Sports & Media for the re-development of Rogers Tower located in the heart of Toronto at its Citytv studio. The deal adds more than 3,000 square feet of digital signage to Branded Cities’ portfolio at Yonge & Dundas. The complete overhaul of the tower will begin in the third quarter of 2021, which will see the installation of a 34ft W x 90ft H digital display offering 10-second ad spots over a three-minute loop. The Tower at 33 Dundas St. E. was first acquired by Rogers Sports & Media in 2007 as the new home of Citytv and OMNI Television.

From today's Broadcast Dialogue...

Branded Cities Out-of-Home (OOH) has entered into a new long-term agreement with Rogers Sports & Media for the re-development of Rogers Tower located in the heart of Toronto at its Citytv studio. The deal adds more than 3,000 square feet of digital signage to Branded Cities’ portfolio at Yonge & Dundas. The complete overhaul of the tower will begin in the third quarter of 2021, which will see the installation of a 34ft W x 90ft H digital display offering 10-second ad spots over a three-minute loop. The Tower at 33 Dundas St. E. was first acquired by Rogers Sports & Media in 2007 as the new home of Citytv and OMNI Television.

Lipstick on a pig.

AoD

Back