News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I'm still hoping Simons will locate somewhere downtown. This location happens to be around their usual square footage, but I'm not sure it would be good for them.

Aren't those commercial units 'condos'? Wouldn't they have to buy out all the individual owners? I would think only relatively unsophisticated shop-owners would have gotten suckered into buying units in there. A landlord would not have built that.

Empire (the parent of Sobeys) is buying Longos. :(

Another nail in the coffin of competition.

That's a shame, I really liked Longos. Their selection was fresh and alot of things were made in house.

I have never been a fan of Sobeys, I found them to be overpriced and lacking quality items. I prefer to shop at Loblaws or Real Canadian Superstore myself given both the selection and quality of items.

That's a shame, I really liked Longos. Their selection was fresh and alot of things were made in house.

I have never been a fan of Sobeys, I found them to be overpriced and lacking quality items. I prefer to shop at Loblaws or Real Canadian Superstore myself given both the selection and quality of items.

Sobey's stores are ugly too - the interior design looks straight out of 1985. That's actually a factor in me avoiding their stores.

I seem to have survived weekly trips to my local Sobeys… haven't even lost any pearls from clutching them too tightly. But, yeah, what a hellscape! No one should have to see this!

60445287281__A66EDE00-59B9-4FB7-992F-CA25286FBE1D.jpg

Aren't those commercial units 'condos'? Wouldn't they have to buy out all the individual owners? I would think only relatively unsophisticated shop-owners would have gotten suckered into buying units in there. A landlord would not have built that.
The basement ones are certainly a condo with individual Unit owners - not sure about the larger commercial Units above ground. This Nasty Post article is worth a re-reas:

Back