News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This is great news. The previous garage was disgrace and a mess with irresponsible owners on my opinion. This is my hood now and I look forward to the general cleanup that is happening at this time. Regarding 1315 Queen E. I wish I knew what its furture would be, It is a very handsome place with tons of potential. The whole block of Queen E. from Leslie St. to Knox is undergoing a renaissance. I am hoping that the corner of Leslie and Queen E. will become a major node for residential and retail with 3 of the 4 corners ripe for densification. In fact Leslie St. south all the way to Lakeshore BLVD. and Eastern Ave. east from Leslie St. are due for Major intensification in the years to come.

Last info I could find on 1315 Queen E is it listed for sale in 2005: https://www.zolo.ca/toronto-real-estate/1315-queen-street-east

And for it to purchase the former public lane behind it: http://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2013/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-57714.pdf

This building did look good and could again with some cleanup. The overgrown vines today don't help. Though it is a pretty big building it seems and like you say, in a block between Greenwood and Leslie that is starting to go through a sort of renaissance.
1315-queen-street-east-toronto-E591920-1.jpg

I can see Leslie and Queen looking very different in the next 5-6 yrs w/ something replacing China Lily, 1220 queen (the nose) for sale and huge retail to the south that could probably be developed higher a la residential on top of supermarkets etc. This vicinity is where I call home as well and welcome the positive refresh.

East end landmark, Stratengers at Queen & Bertmount, is history. “We are finally retiring” say the signs posted at the entrance today.

The restaurant was given a makeover 8 months ago.

There’s no development notice posted on the site right now, but there was an application a few years ago.

Here’s a photo of the building’s previous life as the Joy Theatre in 1946. Even earlier than that, it was called The Rex Theatre.

1611343163555.png

Interesting. Brad Lamb bought the property immediately to the east.....so is he going to buy this property too?

Not sure of the exact location, but here's a missing middle multi-unit residential building being planned for Leslieville, mentioned in this article:

1612211345188.png

This is great news. The previous garage was disgrace and a mess with irresponsible owners on my opinion. This is my hood now and I look forward to the general cleanup that is happening at this time. Regarding 1315 Queen E. I wish I knew what its furture would be, It is a very handsome place with tons of potential. The whole block of Queen E. from Leslie St. to Knox is undergoing a renaissance. I am hoping that the corner of Leslie and Queen E. will become a major node for residential and retail with 3 of the 4 corners ripe for densification. In fact Leslie St. south all the way to Lakeshore BLVD. and Eastern Ave. east from Leslie St. are due for Major intensification in the years to come.
Also going to be my hood in about three weeks and I couldn't be happier about Flying Squirrel and what looks to be other businesses coming into the area! My wife and I got a smaller unit in George Condos and look forward to joining the community.

A question (if anyone can answer it that'd be great)... The parking spaces in our building were limited to half as many as the units built - I believe this is an effort on the condo builder's part to encourage fewer cars in support of the city's agenda. However, our whole building was just informed that the ward councillor pushed through an amendment to the bylaws around the area's street parking permits which prevents anyone living in our building from obtaining one.

So effectively, we're moving to an area where there aren't any options for paid monthly lots, the limited spaces in our building are all purchased (leaving around half the residents without spots as we were all thinking we'd be able to buy permits), and the option for street parking is off the table.

Any suggestions?

It seems that the City of Toronto is clamping down on non restricted (Overnight) parking recently. I'm not certain why? Perhaps it is because of the new and proposed condos near Leslie and Queen that will bring more people and therefore cars to Leslieville? I'm just surmising.

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought the same initially.

However, we actually received copies of the realignment report from our incoming property management which provided a bit more detail about the issue. The two particularly revealing parts were the following excerpts:

"A Public Notice was placed on the City's website requesting those objecting to the exclusion of 1327-1339 Queen Street East from permit parking in area 8D forward their objections in writing to the City Clerk, so they may be scheduled as deputations at the Toronto and East York Community Council meeting."

and:

"Area 8D has 1842 on-street parking spaces. To date 1488 permits have been issued. This area does not have a history of being waitlisted, meaning the demand for overnight on-street parking permits has never exceeded the supply of parking spaces."

The way this reads to the incoming residents is, per section 2 - there's still plenty of street parking available... however, per section 1 - the current residents object to new condo residents having access to it - also, re: the "public notice," none of us were made aware of it so we could defend our side of the story... I suspect that was via a loophole of us conveniently not being Ward 14 residents yet and therefore not meriting notice.

Really, in the end, this feels personal, and pretty unwelcoming to those of us moving in.

Like I said, I'm happy to use alternate parking in the area, but from all the searching my wife and I have done, it doesn't appear to exist.

So yeah, any/all ideas are welcome!! :)

Thanks for the quick reply! I thought the same initially.

However, we actually received copies of the realignment report from our incoming property management which provided a bit more detail about the issue. The two particularly revealing parts were the following excerpts:

"A Public Notice was placed on the City's website requesting those objecting to the exclusion of 1327-1339 Queen Street East from permit parking in area 8D forward their objections in writing to the City Clerk, so they may be scheduled as deputations at the Toronto and East York Community Council meeting."

and:

"Area 8D has 1842 on-street parking spaces. To date 1488 permits have been issued. This area does not have a history of being waitlisted, meaning the demand for overnight on-street parking permits has never exceeded the supply of parking spaces."

The way this reads to the incoming residents is, per section 2 - there's still plenty of street parking available... however, per section 1 - the current residents object to new condo residents having access to it - also, re: the "public notice," none of us were made aware of it so we could defend our side of the story... I suspect that was via a loophole of us conveniently not being Ward 14 residents yet and therefore not meriting notice.

Really, in the end, this feels personal, and pretty unwelcoming to those of us moving in.

Like I said, I'm happy to use alternate parking in the area, but from all the searching my wife and I have done, it doesn't appear to exist.

So yeah, any/all ideas are welcome!! :)
I haven't used it for permanent or long term parking but SpotHero app seems to have a monthly option you can try.

As well, I've seen people post parking spots to rent on FB groups for the area. Could also try to post there to see if there's anything.

I hope this helps somewhat and welcome to the area!

Also going to be my hood in about three weeks and I couldn't be happier about Flying Squirrel and what looks to be other businesses coming into the area! My wife and I got a smaller unit in George Condos and look forward to joining the community.

A question (if anyone can answer it that'd be great)... The parking spaces in our building were limited to half as many as the units built - I believe this is an effort on the condo builder's part to encourage fewer cars in support of the city's agenda. However, our whole building was just informed that the ward councillor pushed through an amendment to the bylaws around the area's street parking permits which prevents anyone living in our building from obtaining one.

So effectively, we're moving to an area where there aren't any options for paid monthly lots, the limited spaces in our building are all purchased (leaving around half the residents without spots as we were all thinking we'd be able to buy permits), and the option for street parking is off the table.

Any suggestions?
I live in 899 Queen St E (Logan Residences). There are 36 stalls for 59 units and its severely underparked. This is no one's fault, but I use Honk Mobile and park long term underground across the street at the condo at 875 Queen St E. It looks like there are a few long term spots down the street from you on Curzon for $70 per month. Make sure you select long term! Don't be the jerk resident parking in visitors all the time! Good luck!

I haven't used it for permanent or long term parking but SpotHero app seems to have a monthly option you can try.

As well, I've seen people post parking spots to rent on FB groups for the area. Could also try to post there to see if there's anything.

I hope this helps somewhat and welcome to the area!

I live in 899 Queen St E (Logan Residences). There are 36 stalls for 59 units and its severely underparked. This is no one's fault, but I use Honk Mobile and park long term underground across the street at the condo at 875 Queen St E. It looks like there are a few long term spots down the street from you on Curzon for $70 per month. Make sure you select long term! Don't be the jerk resident parking in visitors all the time! Good luck!
Thanks for these suggestions, wife and I were checking Kijiji and FB but I wasn't aware of those other apps/options. Much appreciated, will check out all of this (while continuing to work on getting the amendment overturned in the meantime).

Cheers!

There’s a crew drilling samples this morning at 1134 Queen St E, the vacant lot “for lease” between Stratengers (RIP) and Scout.

With all the new condos popping up and under consideration along Queen E, Eastern, does anyone know if there's any plans for increased community services to better equip the neighborhood to handle the intensification?

Curious if new schools, libraries, greenspace, community centers are being planned or if these considerations are taken into account in any urban planning process.

Back