More importantly, why does the article dub this as the 'last tower in the Distillery"?

Because there are only plans for three hi-rises. PS is almost finished, CS is under construction (says the report, but I haven't seen any indication of that myself, maybe someone else has/hasn't), and so this is the final of the three.

Pure Spirits is up now, Clear Spirits is the next, and Gooderham is the third. The two above are Clear Spirits and Gooderham (don't which is which tho). I don't know what the low rise is, although somewhere on UT there was mention of an office building in DD so maybe that is it?

aA's website lists these as Clear Spirit and Pure Spirit with a 2008 date. I'm completely confused with so many changes and the recent addition of Gooderham

It does look more squat.

It would appear that the effort to shorten the building might result in a structure that is even less complimentary. Hopefully new renderings will show otherwise. If towers are to go up in this area, then they should be the best looking and most suitable to the general area.

This is exactly why they shouldn't have towers in the Distillery. You'll never get a 'tower' short enough to really work design wise and the taller ones are just ridiculous.

Many people adore tall buildings - they're a part of city living every bit as much as traditional lowrise residential neighbourhoods are. But it doesn't mean one has to live in one.

This is a very clumsy-looking tower. :rolleyes: I'd rather have just the first three towers...

The "Fear of hights" philosophy in a nutshell - unacceptable at any height..

Either syn has a fear of heights or he believes that towers don't belong in this neighbourhood.

It's too bad the tower heights were lowered. While the pair looks good, I think the original proportions were perfect.
- syn, post 367 of the Minto Midtown thread

Hmmm, I guess it's the latter.

CS is under construction (says the report, but I haven't seen any indication of that myself, maybe someone else has/hasn't), and so this is the final of the three.

What? I go through there all the time. The only thing under construction in this neighbourhood is Pure Spirit. Other than West Don Lands hoarding there's no indication of anything else going on around there.

Back