News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

That reminds me of the time I tried to take the bus to the Home Depot next to Richmond Hill Centre / Langstaff Station. Turns out they built a fence all the way around the Home Depot parking lot to prevent people from walking between it and RHC or Langstaff stations (fence outlined in red below):
View attachment 339320

So I jumped the fence both ways, and on the way back I cut my leg. So I got on the Viva bus with a leg bleeding, and I asked the driver if he had a tissue or something, but he didn't, and I think the best he had on hand was a piece of paper or something. So that's what I used to try to clean up a bit on the ride home.

I wonder which portion has the flood risk?

Don’t you just love it when transit makes you inaccessible. I hate this design choice with a burning passion. Wanna get a coffee at tim hortons before your morning train arrives? Well make sure you’re there 2 hours before so you can be sure to catch the train. Wanna head from Oriole-Highway 407 station? Well make sure your train is on time and when you get off, run up them stairs, cross the bridge and run back down another flight and hope for the best that you catch one of the GO buses before they drive off. Why couldn’t they make an underground tunnel in the first place, and actual walkways between Home Depot and RHC that makes more sense if you’re trying to make Richmond Hill a thing to transit users.

Let's not get the Niagara Trains stopping there. The travel time is already insane without an additonal stop.

Already discussed, what is required is alternate-stopping patterns as service is enhanced.

You're not getting non-stop Union-Niagara; not happening.

So the key is serving more places en route, but with limited stops on any given run.

Hamilton should be among those locations that receive service.

Already discussed, what is required is alternate-stopping patterns as service is enhanced.

So the key is serving more places en route, but with limited stops on any given run.

Agreed.

Climbing off my soap box now.

I don't think its been posted yet.......(apologies if it has)

Next weekend (Aug 14-15); GO is nixing service between Union-Danforth on the LSE. Service will run west from Union and East from Danforth.

Details are up on the GO site, here: https://www.gotransit.com/en/trip-planning/go-service-updates/train-schedule-changes

Apprently related to track work; I didn't notice anything any material in the corridor as yet (ties, rail, etc.) so not sure what they're up to, @smallspy or @crs1026 may know.

Reminder that 15M service on Lakeshore returns tomorrow, for Rush Hours and Mid-Day on weekdays.

Agreed. Only key stations should be served and West Harbour, being the “central all-day station” for the city, deserves Niagara GO access. It would also probably add lots of riders to the service.

Saw this on Twitter. Looks like a Niagara GO West Harbour solution is in the works still, which is great.

I don't think its been posted yet.......(apologies if it has)

Next weekend (Aug 14-15); GO is nixing service between Union-Danforth on the LSE. Service will run west from Union and East from Danforth.

Details are up on the GO site, here: https://www.gotransit.com/en/trip-planning/go-service-updates/train-schedule-changes

Apprently related to track work; I didn't notice anything any material in the corridor as yet (ties, rail, etc.) so not sure what they're up to, @smallspy or @crs1026 may know.

Reminder that 15M service on Lakeshore returns tomorrow, for Rush Hours and Mid-Day on weekdays.
A bunch of work at the east end of the USRC is being done this coming weekend, as well as a signal bridge being replaced. Interestingly, they will be staging and running the regularly-scheduled VIAs through the site (albeit with delays).

Dan

A bunch of work at the east end of the USRC is being done this coming weekend, as well as a signal bridge being replaced. Interestingly, they will be staging and running the regularly-scheduled VIAs through the site (albeit with delays).

Dan

I knew you would know! Thanks, Dan.

Realistically what would service look like? Not running weekend service would be stupid as the majority of users would be off pealed travellers. Friday nights would be very popular for getting to Stratford and London.

Would love to see this at Stratford, getting there by GO Train.

Back