8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

*cue some city clerk blowing the dust off this bad boy*

1652399354795.png

^ good find. Do you have a copy of it?

I do! I have pictures of the whole darn thing. The hard copy sits in an aisle on the second floor of the toronto reference library dedicated to all of toronto's failed transit projects. Yes, it's an aisle.

2013-09-07 13.04.33.jpg

My copy is 140MB so not sure what the best way to share it is.

Toss it onto Google Drive or a similar service and share the link to the folder.

I don't want my personal accounts to be public-facing, so I've uploaded it here instead. (Download while you can -- it will only work for 30 days.)

Some of the pictures are duds -- these were taken 10 years ago when cameras were worse. If you need those pages, then it is a perfect excuse to go visit the TRL. :)

Enjoy!

Do you guys ever think this project will actually happen? Especially considering the Dundas BRT is moving forward?

While not a huge priority for the system, I do feel this would be a good opportunity for Toronto's first subway line branch - Line 2A to Sherway and Line 2B to Cloverdale.
Branches? Careful the TTC's corporate head will explode if you say that out loud, or even think about interlining.

While not a huge priority for the system, I do feel this would be a good opportunity for Toronto's first subway line branch - Line 2A to Sherway and Line 2B to Cloverdale.

I feel like they could jockey the station west enough to mop up Cloverdale and still have enough room to veer south to Sherway (e.g. the Food Basics parking lot) and avoid the branch, but I'd prefer if they put a station on the Honeydale grounds to keep it near the CP ROW and and redeveloped that whole wasteland between Shorncliffe and EM.

I wonder what kind of ridership there'd be with a branch that ran up the 427

Do you guys ever think this project will actually happen? Especially considering the Dundas BRT is moving forward?
Depends if they can get the developers of Sherway/Cloverdale Mall to stump up some cash.

Combined with a very modest extension of the line to serve the (long proposed) Obico Western Subway Yard - I could see this happening, esp. if built as elevated.
No need for super large bus terminal either - given the new regional one at Kipling.

I personally would prefer an extension just to Cloverdale - shorter distance and easier to build (no need to cross Highway 427).

Back