Cant wait to see that brutal building on the southeast side of Simcoe and Front bite the dust.

Cant wait to see that brutal building on the southeast side of Simcoe and Front bite the dust.
That's incredibly unlikely to happen. The building is a internet data centre, full of machines keeping piles of websites connected and data flowing. The companies whose internet presence is managed there have contracts with clauses that call for massive penalties if things are offline for even a minute. Enormous amounts of capital would have to be spent to relocate the facility before anything could be done to the building. In fact, Allied's plan for Union Centre just south of it would increase the size of the facility by adding more capacity immediately to the south of it...

...so you have to wait, possibly forever,

That's incredibly unlikely to happen. The building is a internet data centre, full of machines keeping piles of websites connected and data flowing. The companies whose internet presence is managed there have contracts with clauses that call for massive penalties if things are offline for even a minute. Enormous amounts of capital would have to be spent to relocate the facility before anything could be done to the building. In fact, Allied's plan for Union Centre just south of it would increase the size of the facility by adding more capacity immediately to the south of it...

I agree. It's not going anywhere. However, I do think that Front St is, like it or not, our main tourist street and that something should be done. My thought is that it should be used as a giant canvas for one of the world's largest art installations. This would have the added benefit of keeping the thousands of servers inside even cooler.

Yep. 151 Front is the most valuable building in Allied's portfolio and it's not even close.

Old heads will remember this one. I wish I could remember who authored it:

bulls.jpg

Good! Any building that's old school brick I like.

A few quick photos taken Friday, July 8th. The columns for the next inlet on the east side are going up!!! Yeah more interesting design elements in the building/construction to see. Quality of photos not the best as having some technical issues this a.m. but I was excited to see these inlet columns. Also good to see steel being lifted on the external crane versus a person.

2207082.JPG
2207083.JPG
2207084.JPG
Capture.JPG

I was somewhat surprised or maybe I shouldn’t be that there didn’t seem to be much of a or any work stoppage due to this incident? This guy is lucky to be alive and workplaces need to take these types of incidents more seriously. Take a look at Suncor’s death rate out west at there sites, not acceptable.
Though there was clearly a very serious lapse in security protocols, there was no damage on the site and any investigation (and there certainly is one going on) can happen with the site back in operation.

Back