News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

This is what they normally do if you report a lost/delayed bag but this is hardly normal. Obviously it's possible but many people put their HOME address on luggage so if they are visiting it is hardly going to help having cases sent home.

Depending on how long it will be before the bag is processed it may be helpful. If a bag is delayed by hours, fine. If it is delayed by days... it is better to have the bag sent to your house because you may not get it before the end of your vacation.

After a trace is done and the bags located, the baggage office coordinates with the passenger for the delivery location. The problem now is that the baggage office is overloaded and they simply can't handle the sheer volume of baggage requiring tracing and forwarding.

I have a week in Paris in September and I'm gonna do everything possible to stick to a carry on + personal item.

I've been packing 100ml bottle of laundry detergent for about a decade now.

A hotel sink, clean towel, and 30 minutes reduces my luggage to half its previous amount. A month out of a small backpack is pretty easy for a warm weather location.

A hotel sink, clean towel, and 30 minutes reduces my luggage to half its previous amount. A month out of a small backpack is pretty easy for a warm weather location.
I'm lazy.
I just use a tiny bit of the hotel shampoo like Rick Steves suggests.

I have a week in Paris in September and I'm gonna do everything possible to stick to a carry on + personal item.
Do yourself a favour and put as much in your personal item as you can. I came home from Naples via Paris over a week ago and our luggage got caught up in the issues at Charles de Gaulle. It's still missing. We used carry-on suitcases specifically to avoid these issues but Air France made us check them anyway.

Lesson learned: take a train to the nearest city that has direct flights back to Toronto, even if it's more expensive. Changing planes just invites problems.

A hotel sink, clean towel, and 30 minutes reduces my luggage to half it's previous amount. A month out of a small backpack is pretty easy for a warm weather location.
I did a carryon for a month long trip to Australia and booked hotels/Airbnbs with laundry. Made it so much easier to travel around Australia as well. (Also helped that the weather in Aus allows for you to just pack mostly shorts and tshirts)

Tbh, I think I’ve only traveled once in my life with a bag bigger than carryon. That was a 2 week trip that taught me to never check a bag again.

The problem with a checked bag is that I will never travel without a carry on (I always want some clothes with me in case my checked bag disappears), and a carry-on plus a checked bag is too much. I guess if you used a soft/light and collapsible carry on it might not be too bad...

When I travel for work I always just use a carry on but it's usually just a few days. 2 week trips I typically use a checked bag.

Sometimes you have to check your carry on.

An Air Canada passenger who deliberately took only a carry-on to avoid luggage chaos says she was made to check the bag anyway, only for it to go missing 🤦‍♂️

An Air Canada passenger who deliberately took only a carry-on to avoid luggage chaos says she was made to check the bag anyway, only for it to go missing 🤦‍♂️

Actually, I'm not surprised, both at the requirement to have it checked-in and AC loosing it. More and more people are going the carry-on only route and there is only so much space in the overhead. There are also weight and size limitations.

I've never had to check by carry-on. Worst was having to put it in the hold when boarding but you could collect it as you deplane. Tiny flights to the US like Pittsburgh, etc.

I was impressed by the overhead luggage capacity on Air Canada's 787s. I had a couple of full flights to/from Vancouver recently, most people had carry-on, and many of the overheads had excess space!

Back