Altus reports 55% of the total units for the east tower, but that was for July and the last part of June. 70-80% makes sense given this is a month old.

1661961043807.png

Last edited:
I haven't seen Forma in a waterfront rendering before (and a couple of others from a realtor site):

forma-1.jpeg

CondoInvestments

rendering-forma-condos-Garden-of-Osgoode-Hall.jpg

CondoInvestments

I liked this minimalist kitchen for some reason (available in 2 other darker tones ;-).

rendering-forma-condos-Standard-Kitchen-Naturale.jpg

CondoInvestments

CondoInvestments

I liked this minimalist kitchen for some reason (available in 2 other darker tones ;-).

rendering-forma-condos-Standard-Kitchen-Naturale.jpg

CondoInvestments

Hah! That's not a kitchen; there's nowhere to prep, not even enough room for pots, pans and dishes, let alone food; where's the space for the Stand Mixer or the deep fryer, or the food processor?

Hah! That's not a kitchen; there's nowhere to prep, not even enough room for pots, pans and dishes, let alone food; where's the space for the Stand Mixer or the deep fryer, or the food processor?
Northern Light I can't believe you were so easily duped. These are pretend kitchens.

No-one who lives here will do any cooking (and the appliances are not functional, just decorative smoked glass facades to give the apartment a lived-in touch).

Residents will have all their food prepared and delivered by Sushi Masaki Saito, one of the other four purveyors of Japanese cuisine who received a Michelin star and occasionally, from one of the other 8 culinary spots who received a star. 🌟

Deep fryer? Good luck doing that if you don't have a vented hood - and even then...

AoD

I don't deep fry very often, the fryer is cumbersome to take out from the bottom cupboard, one has to change the oil every few uses, and even then, no matter how tasty the product, there is a bit of a fast food odour that lingers for a bit after.

Still, homemade french fries, with lemon-thyme aioli is an every three months pleasure not to be missed; some good veggie tempura about as often. Once a year only, I will make mini-doughnuts. I can't be bothered unless I make a dozen, and one must then generously gift the neighbours or face un-due weight gain!

No hood as such, I can make use of the vent beside the oven; but it is necessary to give the closest upper cupboards a wipe after.

I don't deep fry very often, the fryer is cumbersome to take out from the bottom cupboard, one has to change the oil every few uses, and even then, no matter how tasty the product, there is a bit of a fast food odour that lingers for a bit after.

Still, homemade french fries, with lemon-thyme aioli is an every three months pleasure not to be missed; some good veggie tempura about as often. Once a year only, I will make mini-doughnuts. I can't be bothered unless I make a dozen, and one must then generously gift the neighbours or face un-due weight gain!

No hood as such, I can make use of the vent beside the oven; but it is necessary to give the closest upper cupboards a wipe after.
I want to be your official friend now. Tempura is the best thing in culinary history to happen to vegetables.

I always manage to talk restaurant cooks into including some onion 🧅 tempura in my order (most never use onion)... best 'onion rings' on earth.

This is obviously off-topic, but the more recent dry fryers are almost as good as deep fryers with less hassle, smell and possibly produce healthier foods.

Jokes aside, I'm starting to also wonder if you UTers cook. I have a kitchen setup not much larger than this—albeit I have an island—and I'm able to crank out a full Thanksgiving meal. I've seen similar or smaller kitchens in Hong Kong apartments where enough food is made to feed a 5 person family.

I'm torn cause I'm not saying unit sizes aren’t getting ridiculously small but at the same time so many other cities and cultures are able to make do with less.

Last edited:
So these units don't come with a real kitchen? A lot of young people don't know how to cook so they're not going to know what to do with a kitchen. I suppose in 20 years, units won't come with bedrooms either. They'll just be a hook to hang a hammock like pod from. Living rooms? Who needs them, one only put on a VR helmet. Washrooms? Those can go too. We can all just exist in a broom closet with tubes attached to us.

Back