8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

New Tender out from Mx, today.

1664999468173.png

1664999510216.png

^ so the tender is just to remove the graffiti? Is there any graffiti-resistent coating that can be added?

Hamilton East Stoney Creek suddenly becomes a swing riding with a PC MPP - and look at that, the riding's GO station finally starts construction!

It looks like the station will only have about 200 parking spaces - I assume this means they aren't building the south parking lot yet. Seems low considering the station will have all-day GO service, honestly.

Last edited:
So, from the above presser, something in the 'Quick Facts' section of bullet points caught my eye, but I didn't want to clutter up that post with it:

1665069627927.png

So....um.......really; we're putting out official claims now for the year 2055; 33 years in the future?

hopefully they dont build another mausoleum that leads to nowhere. GO needs to build stations that people actually can access by all forms of transit and transport, not just a car.
if they want true rer they need to stop thinking commuter style stations

There is already a fairly large bus loop and the station is right next to one of Hamilton's frequent transit routes.

Hamilton is also planning on building a multi-use path connection next year from the waterfront trail to the station, which will encourage active transportation connections from all the condos on Stoney Creek's waterfront.

There will be lots of parking too of course, it is still a suburban GO station.. but it should have decent transit and active transport connections once it opens.

hopefully they dont build another mausoleum that leads to nowhere. GO needs to build stations that people actually can access by all forms of transit and transport, not just a car.
if they want true rer they need to stop thinking commuter style stations
This is the PCs we're talking about. Part of their whole strategy is they want stations to be integrated with developments as a way to help with Toronto housing crises, make better use of the infrastructure being built (and if you like wearing tinfoil hats, to give favours to their "developer buddies"). Part of the reason this took a while is because they allegedly were trying to find suitable developers to build up the area first before they did anything. In terms of local connectivity, this station has always been a major focal point for Hamilton's transit network, including the terminus of the BLAST S line. So no, this isn't going to be anything close to Bloomington.

This is the PCs we're talking about. Part of their whole strategy is they want stations to be integrated with developments as a way to help with Toronto housing crises, make better use of the infrastructure being built (and if you like wearing tinfoil hats, to give favours to their "developer buddies"). Part of the reason this took a while is because they allegedly were trying to find suitable developers to build up the area first before they did anything. In terms of local connectivity, this station has always been a major focal point for Hamilton's transit network, including the terminus of the BLAST S line. So no, this isn't going to be anything close to Bloomington.
So there's actually some hope in this. Time will tell if it will indeed lead to actual development and not be a glorified parking lot

Interesting. This article states that the 3rd track from West Harbour to Confederation isn’t happening anymore. Kudos to CBC for the solid reporting.
Stephanie Davies, chief capital officer at Metrolinx, said there aren't plans to build a separate track from Confederation to West Harbour.
I guess CN and MX will come to an agreement to make it work? Two tracks is decent capacity for half hourly trains even with light freight. The article does state that Confederation itself will have two dedicated passenger tracks, which helps.

Any comments on the possible, probable electrification of the line right to the Hamilton Stations?
No. I do believe that CN and Metrolinx will come to an agreement to electrify and add another track between Burlington and Aldershot. I’m not hopeful for anything to West Harbour and Confederation. This short wireless stint is perfect for dual modes.

Interesting. This article states that the 3rd track from West Harbour to Confederation isn’t happening anymore. Kudos to CBC for the solid reporting.

I guess CN and MX will come to an agreement to make it work? Two tracks is decent capacity for half hourly trains even with light freight. The article does state that Confederation itself will have two dedicated passenger tracks, which helps.

No. I do believe that CN and Metrolinx will come to an agreement to electrify and add another track between Burlington and Aldershot. I’m not hopeful for anything to West Harbour and Confederation. This short wireless stint is perfect for dual modes.
Wired would conflict the most with intermodal double stacks and possibly dimensional due to height trains. Maybe a single electrified track? Between Burlington and Aldershot (including the passing track) As far as I know the Grimsby sub only sees trains 422 and 421which takes traffic from Port Robinson + Hamilton road switchers

So will West Harbour still be a dead end until confederation opens?

Back