News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

What do you think of this project?

• Total voters
It is an important connector as mentioned above and needed to be done.

At one point this was going to be renamed 'Oilers Way'.

F3363DBC-AA18-4E95-B46F-605519E4BAA3.jpeg

Does anyone know if there are plans for 101st on the west side of this project? While i think this project will do a lot, I cant help but think 101st bisecting this avenue is going to be very detrimental to the project as a whole. 101st as a whole i think could greatly benefit from some road narrowing, wider sidewalks, bikelanes etc as well as the mess of the 101st & 103/102Aave intersection, but especially when so many resources are being put into this avenue, the effect of 101st on the area seems to be overlooked

Does anyone know if there are plans for 101st on the west side of this project? While i think this project will do a lot, I cant help but think 101st bisecting this avenue is going to be very detrimental to the project as a whole. 101st as a whole i think could greatly benefit from some road narrowing, wider sidewalks, bikelanes etc as well as the mess of the 101st & 103/102Aave intersection, but especially when so many resources are being put into this avenue, the effect of 101st on the area seems to be overlooked

I agree. There is going to be more and more people living very close to 101 street and it's important to prioritize people/pedestrians first, then bikes, transit, emergency vehicles and then cars (taken from urban planner Brent Toderian). Not nearly as many people driving into dt on 101 as prepandemic. Let's prioritize differently.

101 is too much of a north/south artery for calming or narrowing, but certainly needs sidewalk redos and repaving.
Seems like an odd take, to say that so many people use it so only the least efficient form of transportation should be provided for it. I don't think 6 lanes of roads (plus on street parking in some spots) should ever be present in a city's core. This is prioritizing commuting over living, not a mindset that makes a city livable

We have multiple options for more walkable, bikeable and urban streets in the area and sometimes need a few main arteries to remain primarily vehicular in focus.

Seems like an odd take, to say that so many people use it so only the least efficient form of transportation should be provided for it. I don't think 6 lanes of roads (plus on street parking in some spots) should ever be present in a city's core. This is prioritizing commuting over living, not a mindset that makes a city livable

Agreed again - 6 lanes of vehicle traffic plus as you noted on Street parking in some spots is way overdoing it as we're trying to build up density in and around here and enhance livability.

While it's no one's goal to eliminate vehicle traffic, a 20-30% reduction of car trips is what the city is planning for in favor of other more efficient modes of transportation and our decisions need to reflect that.

Back