News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Mx has submitted official plans for Long Branch Station redevelopment to the City. I will be reviviing a 2013 one-post thread by @AlbertC with all the details, and link that below, but am making this post to track the application/project here as well.

I know renders for this were posted in this thread already, and we vary as to whether station projects get their own threads.

Old/Revived thread:

Application:

1665819421279.png

Interesting little development at Maple GO - they have been digging test holes and monitoring wells these past few nights in the main parking lot area.

Looks like the parking garage money is available again...or maybe its going the way of Mimico.

Interesting little development at Maple GO - they have been digging test holes and monitoring wells these past few nights in the main parking lot area.

Looks like the parking garage money is available again...or maybe its going the way of Mimico.
Seems to me like a bit of conjecture. Care to elaborate?

Seems to me like a bit of conjecture. Care to elaborate?

Not saying I know anything but why else they would be doing site investigations on a flat parking lot for any other reason than preparing condition reports and bid documents for further development. A parking structure was previously announced and stalled since then, and MX has continued to sell off parking lots for development. The area around Maple GO has also had numerous mid-rises going in with several more on the way.

Looks like there are some new bridge spans for the Bala Sub. They have a staging area along the Don Mills trail south of York Mills. I wonder which bridge span they are replacing? Or adding capacity on the line?

Not saying I know anything but why else they would be doing site investigations on a flat parking lot for any other reason than preparing condition reports and bid documents for further development. A parking structure was previously announced and stalled since then, and MX has continued to sell off parking lots for development. The area around Maple GO has also had numerous mid-rises going in with several more on the way.

@ARG1

I am not going to attest to the accuracy of this; but, I inquired w/officials at Mx about this; I was told...... in service of a second track at Maple.

* Not sure what test holes in the parking lot have to do w/that, unless required for tunnels/overpasses; as the space for a second track already exists to the west of the existing one (opposite direction as the parking lot)

The parking lot has already been open for a few weeks, but north of the accessibility platform is still not open. This will also have the benefit of opening the remaining platform so that all doors will open at Agincourt. It also means people coming from Agincourt Drive will no longer have to detour down Reidmount Ave to access the platform as they will be able to use the path and tunnel, returning the level of access to roughly the same as it was pre-construction where they could cross the tracks and then access the platform that way.

Back