News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

The expert is vouching for a link that runs from Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont in the east end through Rosemont and Plateau that connects with the orange line at Sherbrooke and the green line at Saint-Laurent before ending at Gare Centrale. Is that idea more expensive than "massive station upgrades" on the green line?
Seeing that Bloor-Yonge upgrades are costing 1,5G$, it's something to look into.

I stand by my gigadollar. We had this debate years ago.
If you want to guarantee that no one understands you, rather than just some, why not switch to Kenyan Shillings?

The decimal comma doesn't help either - few know what that is, outside Quebec. Especially since Canada's switched back to officially using a comma as a thousands separator!

It certainly isn't the local usage - and this is a local forum.

I stand by my gigadollar. We had this debate years ago.
You can standby your 1,5G$ all you want, but 99.9999% of the population and 100% of this board will not... Wait make that 99.9999% since you do and maybe someone else does

Well we got it right for at least one factor...

1674937734187.png

The decimal comma doesn't help either - few know what that is, outside Quebec.
Let them hold on to that mainland European affiliation. If Anglophone Canadians can’t understand, that’s their problem. Quite frankly I’m surprised Quebec didn’t adopt the Vienna Convention on Road Signs like Saint Pierre and Miquelon, when it mattered.

If you want to guarantee that no one understands you, rather than just some, why not switch to Kenyan Shillings?
How many Canadians know this symbol ” ﬩ ” is used in certain religious schools in Canada in mathematics, in lieu of using a traditional ” + ” (plus) sign. Source

Let them hold on to that mainland European affiliation. If Anglophone Canadians can’t understand, that’s their problem. Quite frankly I’m surprised Quebec didn’t adopt the Vienna Convention on Road Signs like Saint Pierre and Miquelon, when it mattered.

How many Canadians know this symbol ” ﬩ ” is used in certain religious schools in Canada in mathematics, in lieu of using a traditional ” + ” (plus) sign. Source
Speed limits signs in Mexico use the RED circle around the number. Canada should as well.
Maxima-photo_Drive-safe-in-Mexico.jpg

St-Pierre & Miquelon is a French territory.
In these islands, road signs are the same as in France, even if we are
in North America, about 30 kilometers from Newfoundland !​

spm01.JPG
From link.

At least there are no roads on the Hans Island shared between Canada and Denmark.
See link.
6ec487eb1f1bab3f0dbbddf058971f33

Last edited:
Speed limits signs in Mexico use the RED circle around the number. Canada should as well.
Maxima-photo_Drive-safe-in-Mexico.jpg

St-Pierre & Miquelon is a French territory.
In these islands, road signs are the same as in France, even if we are
in North America, about 30 kilometers from Newfoundland !​

spm01.JPG
From link.

At least there are no roads on the Hans Island shared between Canada and Denmark.
See link.
6ec487eb1f1bab3f0dbbddf058971f33

Yet...

You are posting on Urban Toronto, not Agora Montreal. Feel free to post whatever you like, but don't be surprised when people ask what something means.

Back