News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

At this rate, maybe they'll have to move funding to have streetcars cleaned 24/7 the way the homeless problem is getting. The other night I counted around 6-7 homeless individuals on the 510 on just 1 streetcar. Actually hold on, can the city actually find money for this? I thought we couldn't afford things like this apparently.

I've never seen the problem so bad in my life and i've been using the TTC for over 20 years regularly. Good thing we've got politicians who care oh so much about the problem...to the point they cant even fund warming centres through to April, let alone fund more shelter spaces or actually *bulld* affordable housing. The city's plan has literally just been to beg the province for more money and study (which was on full evidence in yesterday's counsil meeting).

The TTC board of commissioners is made up as follows (as "suggested" by Mayor John Tory)...

Board Members​

• Chair - Councillor Jon Burnside
  • Councillor Paul Ainslie
  • Joanne De Laurentiis (Citizen)
  • Councillor Stephen Holyday
  • Fenton Jagdeo (Citizen)
  • Ron Lalonde (Citizen)
  • Councillor Nick Mantas
  • Councillor Chris Moise
  • Julie Osborne (Citizen)

Just wonder how many of them actually use the TTC on a regular basis, and not just for photo ops or ribbon cutting. How many are actually automobile disciples and are just there to oppress the TTC downward.

Last edited:
The TTC board of commissioners is made up as follows (as "suggested" by Mayor John Tory)...

Board Members​

• Chair - Councillor Jon Burnside
  • Councillor Paul Ainslie
  • Joanne De Laurentiis (Citizen)
  • Councillor Stephen Holyday
  • Fenton Jagdeo (Citizen)
  • Ron Lalonde (Citizen)
  • Councillor Nick Mantas
  • Councillor Chris Moise
  • Julie Osborne (Citizen)

Just wonder how many of them actually use the TTC on a regular basis, and not just for photo ops or ribbon cutting. How many are actually automobile disciples and are just there to oppress the TTC downward.
Walter: The Citizen members have been there for a while and the Councillors on the TTC Board were all appointed in late November and you commented then as follows "Just wondering what sort of public transit background they have. Like do they actually use the TTC on a regular basis before today?" Why did you think it necessary to repeat your question about the Board's 'qualifications' again?

Walter: The Citizen members have been there for a while and the Councillors on the TTC Board were all appointed in late November and you commented then as follows "Just wondering what sort of public transit background they have. Like do they actually use the TTC on a regular basis before today?" Why did you think it necessary to repeat your question about the Board's 'qualifications' again?
"There are two sets of Board members: Councillors and citizens, a.k.a. civilians who (in theory) are not politicians. Only the first group will be appointed at this meeting (November, 2022), and the citizen members will come up for review in the new year (2023) once the City goes through the motions of soliciting applications." From link dated November 22, 2022.

The four citizens should be more transit-oriented. We'll see if Mayor John Tory will present his citizen choices and no others will be accepted or not.

(Mostly place holders. Will be updated as the dates come closer.)

Walter: I have been looking at UT since it began and you have posted this or similar info every few months for over a decade. You are preaching to the choir and if you want to see proper transit signals here you need to start working on the Ministry of Transport as THEY are the ones who need to make them acceptable here. Then you can start working on the City and the TTC to actually install them.
While I mostly agree with your message, I believe if the TTC were truly serious about using these kinds of signals (as @W. K. Lis alludes to), they should take initiative by installing ”redundant” Transit signals (for streetcars) already at every signalized mixed-ROW intersection, and adapt their own rules.

Hopefully leaving extra blacked-out signalheads at junctions for turn movements, so they can just swap out the lenses once the change on the Provincial-level actually happens, instead of waiting and playing catch-up. Doesn’t hurt to be proactive on the TTC’s end, instead of their ”laissez-faire” reactive stance.

While I mostly agree with your message, I believe if the TTC were truly serious about using these kinds of signals (as @W. K. Lis alludes to), they should take initiative by installing ”redundant” Transit signals (for streetcars) already at every signalized mixed-ROW intersection, and adapt their own rules.

Hopefully leaving extra blacked-out signalheads at junctions for turn movements, so they can just swap out the lenses once the change on the Provincial-level actually happens, instead of waiting and playing catch-up. Doesn’t hurt to be proactive on the TTC’s end, instead of their ”laissez-faire” reactive stance.
Traffic signals are installed by and controlled by the City.

I was just about to go start a petition to get Rick Leary fired, then I noticed someone already started one.

The guy is a laughable, inept, and useless CEO. Pure and simple, through and through.
I'll bet there are many on city council who like Rick Leary as the TTC CEO, because he does their bidding in messing up the TTC.

Reactions: DSC
I don't think there's a grand conspiracy against the TTC on city council. I think (not just) city politics is filled with self interested buffoons that can't see beyond the tip of their own noses, and they neglect the TTC as it doesn't serve their interests to do otherwise.

Indifference and neglect often do far more damage than outright dislike.

Dealing with lack of UPX Service to/from Weston and Bloor Station as well ML mess for UPX.

TTC increasing service to Pearson International Airport this weekend

Feb. 11, 2023

The TTC is increasing service on its 900 Airport Express route for the remainder of this weekend, to provide customers with additional options for travel to and from Pearson International Airport.

Beginning at 5:30 p.m. this Sat., Feb. 11, buses will be operating between Kipling Station and Pearson International Airport every eight minutes or less.

The 900 Airport Express operates from approximately 5:30 a.m. to 2 a.m. Monday through Saturday, and from approximately 8:15 a.m. to 2:15 a.m. on Sunday.

The Airport Express route stops only at Kipling Station, Dundas Street West and Acorn Avenue, Dundas Street West and East Mall Crescent, Jetliner Road at Airport Road, Terminal 1, and Terminal 3 at Pearson International Airport. Travel time between the airport and Kipling Station is approximately 20-25 minutes.

In addition, the TTC is also increasing service on the 52A Lawrence West route, with buses operating between Pearson International Airport and Lawrence West Station. The 54A Lawrence West will also stop at Weston GO Station.

These service increases will be in place until end-of-day on Sun. Feb 12. The TTC will continue to monitor passenger volume to determine if airport service will be increased into next week.

Customers who are travelling to the airport overnight are encouraged to consider the 300A Bloor-Danforth route, which runs along Danforth Avenue and Bloor Street to Pearson International Airport between approximately 2 – 5 a.m. They can also access the 332 Eglinton West route, from Yonge Street and Eglinton Avenue and Toronto Pearson International Airport.

For additional information, and help planning their trip, customers can visit https://www.ttc.ca/en/riding-the-ttc/Service-to-the-airport/Toronto-Pearson-International-Airport.

Awful. Most of these violent attacks are against women. Rather terrifying that multiple suspects were involved in this unprovoked attack.

Awful. Most of these violent attacks are against women. Rather terrifying that multiple suspects were involved in this unprovoked attack.
She'll forever be scarred and not attractive if she was stabbed in the face. You can't heal from that and all these criminals just get charged with assault, get released and do it again.

The mentally ill zombies walking among us strike again.

The TTC needs to get this in hand.
TTC can only do so much. Until the courts start dealing as per the law states how offenders are sentences than a slap on the hand, all systems and the public will have to deal with these issues.

Big deal is the thinking for some of these offenders when they know they will get a slap on the hand than do real time with days in custody counted as time server when it should be added onto the time as required by law.

Back