News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm kind of liking the idea of Mike Layton as mayor. Seems pretty level headed and likeable, and not too stridently progressive that would make him unappealing to all those suburbanites...

It all depends on who else throws their hat in the ring however (if even he does).

Miller got rid of Julian Fantino, which might be Toronto's greatest accomplishment in police reform in a generation.
What did he do? From what I recall he didn't do anything, as his contract expired and the PSB voted (2-2) not to renew it. I don't think Miller was even on the board until 2005.

If I had to make a bet, this will come down to Ana Bailao vs Josh Matlow with every other mayoral candidate behind them. I could get behind and support Ana Bailao if she jumps in.

Bailao? Nah.

As we’re not going to get our perfect or even great candidate, I could easily settle for Mike Layton, though I don’t think he wants to run, or Josh Matlow.

Yes, Matlow has some big flaws. He’s only started to come around on housing issues, and he doesn’t work well with many councillors. But he would stand up to Queen’s Park and Metrolinx better than almost anyone else. I’d take him over a Bailao, or especially against a snake like Brad Bradbrad.

By-election scheduled for around mid-June

First step. There must be a council meeting during which the office of the mayor will officially be declared vacant and a bylaw will be passed authorizing the filling of the vacancy with a byelection. The next scheduled city council meeting is on March 29, HOWEVER, they could call a SPECIAL meeting before that to pass the bylaw.

Back