News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
None of the candidates (so far) are appealing to me, I want someone who can manage the budget/paperwork of the city AND stand up to the province. Tory had the energy to be high profile and enjoyed the role. The abruptness of his resignation is perplexing - just like Saunders.
Tory was clearly being coerced to do something upon threat of disclosure of his side piece and told whomever that was to suck it, self disclosed and walked.

Last edited:
I want someone who can manage the budget/paperwork of the city AND stand up to the province. Tory had the energy to be high profile and enjoyed the role

Tory stood up to the province? He had high energy!? Is this post sarcasm?

"Enjoying the role" is also a weird bar. I'd enjoy it too. So?

Last but not the least, I'm sure the budget/paperwork is managed by staff mainly, not the mayor himself sitting in cubicle working 12-hour days. You don't elect a mayor because he's capable of doing paperwork - not that Tory proved that he was capable of doing anything.

Last edited:
None of the candidates (so far) are appealing to me, I want someone who can manage the budget/paperwork of the city AND stand up to the province. Tory had the energy to be high profile and enjoyed the role.

Too bad he wasn't any good at it.

The City deteriorated under his watch.

Saunders' entry makes me cringe. It just screams the vapidity of "Hey, I was police chief so that supposedly makes me mayorly by, uh, default, so vote for me!"

Yuck.
Problem is that Toronto elected two incompetent mayors in a row, Ford and Tory. The suburban areas may just come through for Saunders.

Bradford with another video that isn't getting the reaction he hoped for.......

What's the opposite of a Midas touch? Where everything turns to lead?

Judging by the fact most of Toronto doesn't know who he is, any publicity is good publicity for him.

Does Toronto use "Dominion Voting Systems" for its election?

No. Also, the tabulators don't destroy the original ballot marked by the voter so a hand recount is always possible (and regularly completed after the machine provides a tentative summary). Systemic discrepencies would be detected fairly quickly.

USA voting machines are problematic because the machine may also create the paper trail. If they record the vote incorrectly, it's at all levels. For some reason their AODA laws have been interpreted to require a machine as an assistive device. In Canada we allow the person to either bring someone to assist or I believe they can even ask on-site election volunteers/staff to assist.

Tory stood up to the province? He had high energy!? Is this post sarcasm?

"Enjoying the role" is also a weird bar. I'd enjoy it too. So?

Last but not the least, I'm sure the budget/paperwork is managed by staff mainly, not the mayor himself sitting in cubicle working 12-hour days. You don't elect a mayor because he's capable of doing paperwork - not that Tory proved that he was capable of doing anything.
I did not say Tory stood up to the province I said we need a mayor who will stand up to the province. As for his energy, he was at so many events which I think is important. Liking your job is a bonus, makes life a bit easier.

Back