News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Do we know what the hold up is with this line opening? Eglinton station is almost filled in. Can't they do testing on the line without the station being "ready"?

Nope - from TRCA Flood Plain Map:

View attachment 469240

Guess we figured what the machinations are here.

AoD
If Douggie and his friends can figure out how to make his friends rich developing on the protected Greenbelt they can wave a magic wand and make the flood plan dissolved. If there is money to make it can be done, if there is a will there is a way..

Next thing you know the flood plain is re-asessed and turns out it's no longer a flood plain. Tada you can build all the condos you want.

Has anyone noticed on the orange canopy right above the entrances to crosstown stations that there’s an annoying reflection of the signage above (eg. Leaside) when its lit and seen at eye level? I don’t think its something that could have been anticipated from the design alone, but once you see it, you can’t unsee it. Maybe its nit picking, but I don’t think so… a bit disappointing as I generally like the look of the stations. I will try to post a pic of it tomorrow.

Last edited:
Do we know what the hold up is with this line opening? Eglinton station is almost filled in. Can't they do testing on the line without the station being "ready"?
Eglinton is no where close to being "almost filled in".

They are doing lots of testing already, but you can't test elevators and escalators and fire alarms if they're not installed/wired up.

Dan

Good Clip, I've extracted a couple of stills:

1682526138030.png

1682526192395.png

Observations. Flooring mostly (but not entirely) complete.

I assume the column in the second shot will have some sort of cladding/build-out.

Ceilings unfinished.

No permanent lighting yet, though wiring for same seems to be in place.

Good Clip, I've extracted a couple of stills:

View attachment 472289

View attachment 472290

Observations. Flooring mostly (but not entirely) complete.

I assume the column in the second shot will have some sort of cladding/build-out.

Ceilings unfinished.

No permanent lighting yet, though wiring for same seems to be in place.
A friend of mine who is an operator on the subway sent me a photo a couple of days ago.

I wonder if the video was taken earlier, as his photo shows most of the columns clad, the flooring done, and much of the permanent lighting in place although not yet turned on.

The current rumour is that the platform extension will open on May 8th.

Dan

Waterloo's ION had a few station platforms broken up and re-poured ahead of opening as well. If I recall correctly, it's because the platform edges weren't the correct distance from the tracks. Different cause, similar result.
Well what ever the reason is, its a result in poor coordination amongst the trades/disciplines. They've had more than enough opportunities measure 5 times to cut once yet they still manage to bungle it up. Then again ML has some of the most complicated communications scheme out there. Even a simple question must be RFIed formally, whereas anywhere else you can just pick up the phone and get a 5min answer tight there..

A friend of mine who is an operator on the subway sent me a photo a couple of days ago.

I wonder if the video was taken earlier, as his photo shows most of the columns clad, the flooring done, and much of the permanent lighting in place although not yet turned on.

The current rumour is that the platform extension will open on May 8th.

Dan
How will this affect the current southern end of the platform? Will the train just stop very far away from the south end? The elevator’s proximity to the southern wall prohibits putting up another wall.
In the PM I like going to the southernmost end because it’s much less crowded than the northern part (and doesn’t require three pedestrian crossings to access)…

Back