News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Who gets your vote for Mayor of Toronto?

• Ana Bailao

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • Brad Bradford

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Olivia Chow

Votes: 58 52.7%
  • Mitzie Hunter

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Josh Matlow

Votes: 20 18.2%
  • Mark Saunders

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There is, admittedly, something very, shall we say, "degraded" about taking a bus up Islington and seeing an overwhelming number of Gong/Tull/Sky street signs this afternoon.

By comparison, the lawn-sign activity looking off Islington seems rather uncommittal/undercommittal at this point--though there are a few Saunders signs around Kingsway, where one might expect them. (Incidentally, there seems something rather low-key about the Saunders campaign--like he may have DoFo's implicit support, but he's going about it in more of a Holyday than Ford way. Maybe because the Kouvalis/Teneycke/Balingall element is elsewhere)

New Forum poll.

First poll I've seen with Furey in third.

Chow - 35
Saunders - 14
Furey - 11
Bailao - 10
Matlow - 9
Hunter - 7
Bradford - 5

Furey is the big benefactor of the polarization of the Toronto mayoral race. He's come from relative obscurity, and his message is resonating with the voters on the right

There is, admittedly, something very, shall we say, "degraded" about taking a bus up Islington and seeing an overwhelming number of Gong/Tull/Sky street signs this afternoon.

By comparison, the lawn-sign activity looking off Islington seems rather uncommittal/undercommittal at this point--though there are a few Saunders signs around Kingsway, where one might expect them. (Incidentally, there seems something rather low-key about the Saunders campaign--like he may have DoFo's implicit support, but he's going about it in more of a Holyday than Ford way. Maybe because the Kouvalis/Teneycke/Balingall element is elsewhere)
I am the Islington Bus, can confirm.
New Forum poll.

First poll I've seen with Furey in third.

Chow - 35
Saunders - 14
Furey - 11
Bailao - 10
Matlow - 9
Hunter - 7
Bradford - 5

Wow! A Forum poll without crazy Bailao numbers! (But crazy Furey numbers instead!)

Did advance vote today, partner and I both voted for Olivia Chow.

And only by the way, for reasons too numerous to write at this point, I feel strongly that this metropolis could stand a woman’s touch.

However, if ranked ballots were instituted, we’d both have ranked Matlow second. Very sorry that Matlow doesn’t have people skills, because otherwise he’s an excellent person.

Along Royal York and in the area between Bloor and Dundas, there are more signs for Bailao than anyone else. Maybe 1 or 2 Saunders that I've seen (walk this area daily), there are also a few Chow signs on private property which is surprising in this area.

Along Royal York and in the area between Bloor and Dundas, there are more signs for Bailao than anyone else. Maybe 1 or 2 Saunders that I've seen (walk this area daily), there are also a few Chow signs on private property which is surprising in this area.
Chow signs might *not* be so surprising if it's like David Miller '03 all over again.

I haven't yet been to Scarborough, but the lack of Mitzie signs in the W is noteworthy.

I haven't yet been to Scarborough, but the lack of Mitzie signs in the W is noteworthy.
I don’t know why she’s running, nor why she gave up her MPP seat just as the rebuilding of the OLP is likely to begin. I can only assume she wants “mayoral candidate” on her resume as she applies for some senior, high income role at some charity organization.

I don’t know why she’s running, nor why she gave up her MPP seat just as the rebuilding of the OLP is likely to begin. I can only assume she wants “mayoral candidate” on her resume as she applies for some senior, high income role at some charity organization.
Oh man, don't tell Kevin Clarke he can do that!

Hunter probably wanted to leave Queen's Park and saw this a a soft landing. Build her profile, show off her resume in government and NGOs, and look for a gig with a higher salary and pension.

Last edited:
Has Olivia Chow said anything about road safety or Vision Zero during her campaign? I just had a look through her platform and I can't find anything. That seems like a pretty big omission. I see some stuff about transit, but nothing about safe cycling infrastructure, nothing about redesigning dangerous streets and intersections, and nothing about fixing traffic enforcement. I was planning to vote for her, but now I'm wondering whether I should.

Back