News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.7K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.9K     0 

Sadly, most GO parking lots are anything but TOD planned.
Since ML wants Residential development to be 100 feet from their property as well a 2 foot thick 20 feet high crash wall. a parking structure, but a prefer park/public use could be built there with underground parking. The whole parking lot can be place underground with parking for the development above it.

There is nothing stopping ML turning any of their parking lots for GO Transit to make them TOD. Cooksville, Burlington and a number of redevelop GO Station are good example of being ready for TOD with 1/4 of Cooksville land already having a development application for it. Port Credit south parking lot has 2 towers plan for it with no GO parking for it that will service by LRT.

TTC Did the same thing for Islington north parking lot that saw 2 towers built on it with a crash wall.

The housing "crisis' is all irresponsible federal policy.

We're mostly in agreement here.............but 'all' is just such a problematic term here...........

Schools regulated by Ontario are approved to take in foreign students, charge them a de-regulated (high) tuition, with no obligation to provide housing to them........as a result of provincial decision making.

Just sayin.........

Also, same gov't funding per student to Ontario Universities and Colleges, substantially below provincial norms.

I might suggest a Federally-led, provincially supported crisis.

Last edited:
The housing "crisis' is all irresponsible federal policy.
Its not all irresponsible federal policy.

Alot of it is irresponsible and short sighted federal policy for decades ago to turn homes into investment and retirement funds for the first and 2nd generation of post-war home owners.

And more of it is just homeowners following the incentives that the federal government laid out and voting in their class interests to prevent new housing.

It's the supply red herring.
Prices are high because demand is higher than supply.

The federal government is irresponsibly pumping up demand through international student immigration but provinces and municipalities have also restricted supply for decades leading to rising housing prices that happened under previous immigration levels.

Even if immigration went to 0 right now, there would still be a housing crisis because we would still have a shortage of housing for everyone currently living in Canada.

Kennedy GO - November 16

DJI_0038.jpeg

DJI_0036.jpeg

DJI_0031.jpeg

DJI_0029.jpeg

DJI_0024.jpeg

DJI_0016.jpeg

DJI_0014.jpeg

Scarborough subway extension construction at Midland and Eglinton
DJI_0005.jpeg

Last edited:
Very nice pictures!

Can I ask what type of drone you use?
Thanks. For sure. It's a DJI Mini 3 Pro which shoots 12MP images. If the light is good, the images can be quite sharp.

For those who may be curious, if I fly it west of Victoria Park, I ensure the drone is equipped with the lighter battery @ 249g weight and subject to less regulation.

For these flights (east of Vic Park) I use the extended battery (290g weight) and I do have a Transport Canada licence (Basic Operations).

As per my pre retirement career, I try to follow the Aviation Regulations as closely as possible. :)

Back