News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Thanks. For sure. It's a DJI Mini 3 Pro which shoots 12MP images. If the light is good, the images can be quite sharp.

For those who may be curious, if I fly it west of Victoria Park, I ensure the drone is equipped with the lighter battery @ 249g weight and subject to less regulation.

For these flights (east of Vic Park) I use the extended battery (290g weight) and I do have a Transport Canada licence (Basic Operations).

As per my pre retirement career, I try to follow the Aviation Regulations as closely as possible. :)
Much obliged! :)

The fourth track will end around Scarborough. The third track was to be extended from Guildwood to Liverpool, but that has been scaled back a couple of times.

- Paul
Guildwood station was rebuilt a few years ago with room for a fourth track, two centre platforms, I'm sure they were planning around that time to have four tracks to Pickering at some point.

Is the outer temporary bus terminal also in the fare-paid area? It’s really hard to tell without actually going out there.

Bus parking for layovers.
I see the rectangles for layover, bur is that not a curb around the outside of that circle? It looks like a raised asphalt bubble of nothingness.
Untitled.png

A closer look at that "raised asphalt bubble of nothingness". 🤣
View attachment 520860
I guess the TTC didnt want to use that whole space for bus layovers so customers wouldn't get even more pissed and see how wasteful they are at using their resources.

Nevertheless this is excellent photography work.

I guess the TTC didnt want to use that whole space for bus layovers so customers wouldn't get even more pissed and see how wasteful they are at using their resources.

Nevertheless this is excellent photography work.
what a waste of space and potential infrastructure. could they not give this to some form of retail, landscape or even make bus platforms in the inner circle?

I haven't seen any post Line 3, post Line 2 Scarborough extension renderings of the station. One would hope that there is a tear down of the existing building and SRT tracks with the build of a nicer bus facility, allowing the new Eglinton LRT entrances to be the main entrances, and a lot of land to be turned over to CreateTO for Transit Oriented Development. The only plan I do know of is that Metrolinx would like to extend the west GO platform northward.

Back