News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Here are the plans side by side

Pros: opens up the space. Will be very bright and appear very large as you will see the whole suite(even allowing for a glass wall). Gain additional closet storage which is important.
Cons: The 1 bedroom is now a large bachelor. Granted it will be very nice but I fear this may have actually decreased the market value somewhat. That said, it is for your own personal use and if it fits your needs better, then it makes perfect sense. I am not a fan of Bathrooms opening into the dining room which I actually feel was better designed on the original plan.

However, I understand what you were hoping to achieve and there is no doubt the condo will look much larger and have a definate "wow" factor when you first go in.

these are just my opinions and I have tried to be objective.
congratulations on your purchase.

I prefer this one as you can use the bedroom to dine in as well.

My previous condo looks very similar as this one - it was called as a "den" instead of bedroom. It makes more sense to dine in b/c right across kitchen

any thoughts on my suite at KWL? I had to go for the lakeview... High floor SW corner!

Attachments

• floorplan.jpg
    floorplan.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 521
Here are the plans side by side

I am just curious... do you plan on using some sort of custom built in murphy bed? I personally wouldn't like having my bed being out in the open all the time. But it's totally your preference considering you plan on living there. Not to mention by moving the washroom door you can easily replace the wall and make it a bedroom for resale whenever you want.

Thanks for the response guys. I appreciate that. As mentioned earlier,
we are going to get a frosted sliding glass wall installed, so if we want privacy
in the bedroom, it can easily be done. The main factor in our decision to do what we did was to enlarge the closet and of course, get double the view from the living/dining and kitchen.

DC- You're suite is oddly shaped, but I love it! One thing I would do is basically bash that small second bedroom wall (leave the closet) and use it as a living space. It would be difficult for you to put a dining & living room set in the space that you have. The closet in the master suite is a joke, being too small. The bathtub is unnecessary, as you clearly have one already, so that space could have been utilized for a walk in closet. Other than that, a lot of nice windows. Congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:
ya I doubt I will make any changes to it. The small closet in the master was a bummer but then theres a huge hall closet, almost a walk in i guess that I could use for seasonal stuff. I love the idea of having a tub and shower separate in the master bath that was a huge selling point for me! I will however be using the second bedroom as a den/living space especially since theres a balcony off of it as well. Also I figured that instead of a big dining set, which I would never use anyways that breakfast bar is more than enough for me, to enjoy my take out on :D

QUOTE=Josef;362688]Thanks for the response guys. I appreciate that. As mentioned earlier,
we are going to get a frosted sliding glass wall installed, so if we want privacy
in the bedroom, it can easily be done. The main factor in our decision to do what we did was to enlarge the closet and of course, get double the view from the living/dining and kitchen.

DC- You're suite is oddly shaped, but I love it! One thing I would do is basically bash that small second bedroom wall (leave the closet) and use it as a living space. It would be difficult for you to put a dining & living room set in the space that you have. The closet in the master suite is a joke, being too small. The bathtub is unnecessary, as you clearly have one already, so that space could have been utilized for a walk in closet. Other than that, a lot of nice windows. Congrats![/QUOTE]

Am I the only one who prefers layouts that aren't entirely open? My girlfriend and I work at home a lot and I tend to stay up way later than she does, so I see only having one large room where you're always in each other's face to be a downside.

At the end of the day, a good floor plan is subjective and dependent on how it'll be lived in.

With condos becoming smaller over time, the open concept has become more popular. Thankfully floor to ceiling windows have as well.

any thoughts on my suite at KWL? I had to go for the lakeview... High floor SW corner!

Great layout. Very livable and the view, sun, and the split bedrooms will make this seem much larger than it is.

OMG, I couldn't disagree more. This KWL layout is absolutely atrocious!! It's not that it's too small for a 2 bed (854ft), but the space is so horribly laid out that I'm not sure where to begin...but I'll try. Foyer and long hall are wasted space (about 60ft) with an oversized entrance closet that's almost in the kitchen. Closets are way too small for each bedroom and the 2nd bedroom is so oddly shaped that you're pretty much stuck using a double bed max and even then the only place to put it so it fits is smack up against the wall in the corner, blocking the balcony! Shape of the lr/dr is odd with useless nooks and crannies (and way too small to put any sort of dining table) and the walkaround the kitchen island also takes up valuable area. I'd say this will feel super super cramped and more like a 700 sq ft place.

It's a relatively simple shape (rectangle) and so much more could've been done.

ps. Don't worry, you can be equally brutal with my layout when I find it! :)

Last edited:
OMG, I couldn't disagree more. This KWL layout is absolutely atrocious!! It's not that it's too small for a 2 bed (854ft), but the space is so horribly laid out that I'm not sure where to begin...but I'll try. Foyer and long hall are wasted space (about 60ft) with an oversized entrance closet that's almost in the kitchen. Closets are way too small for each bedroom and the 2nd bedroom is so oddly shaped that you're pretty much stuck using a double bed max. Shape of the lr/dr is odd with useless nooks and crannies (and way too small to put any sort of dining table) and the walkaround the kitchen island also takes up valuable area. I'd say this will feel super super cramped and more like a 700 sq ft place.

It's a relatively simple shape (rectangle) and so much more could've been done.

ps. Don't worry, you can be equally brutal with my layout when I find it! :)

Remember, I did not buy this. that said, I think it is actually very livable for what it is. I have a similar layout 1176sq,ft. - 2 bedroom den and it is a fantastic living space that one of my family memebers lives in. Of course this is alot more room. Yes, you do have some hallway but gain a split bedroom plan and have a small entrance without being in the condo when you open the door. the hallway closet will not be a problem I believe re the kitchen. That said, alot of your points are well taken. closet space is always an issue. My main concern was how do you set up your living /dining room. My conclusion is you really get a small dining room table and difficulty as to where to place a TV with small condo sized couches(or forgo the dining room table entirely. However, remember I am sure cost here was a factor and with south and west with balconies and all the windows this space is going to feel alot larger than it is. The living space while small will work for 2 people. I believe the 2nd bedrooms in virtually every plan at the 800 sq. ft level is pretty much limited to a double bed and not much more. what was gained here was the really bright corner space.

that said, I wish I could post my floorplan in KWL at 777 sq.ft 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. You can see it on King West life 3 floor plan for 1117t on the kingwestlife condo web site but I do not have a terrace and hence I have a balcony that runs 4 and 1/2 feet by 20 feet (basically ending at the living room window without the terrace etra 4 feet which is below me. I do not have the hallway and the living room space is slightly narrower at 10 feet wide for 15 feet and approximately14 feet wide for 8 feet and the kitchen is set up in the same linear fashion.. It will not have the corner light that the 864 sq. ft has. I also have the elevators beside me and side by side (and very small 2nd bedroom)bedrooms but i felt little wasted space, a double sized balcony unobstructed view and 2 full bathrooms made this small space quite livable. If you have the capability, please post the floor plan. I would appreciate hearing the positive and yes the negatives about my floor plan so as I know for future purchases what to look for. This was purchased for my daughter who will be in her mid/late 20's so she could live in Liberty Village.

Last edited:
Remember, I did not buy this. that said, I think it is actually very livable for what it is. I have a similar layout 1176sq,ft. - 2 bedroom den and it is a fantastic living space that one of my family memebers lives in. Of course this is alot more room. Yes, you do have some hallway but gain a split bedroom plan and have a small entrance without being in the condo when you open the door. the hallway closet will not be a problem I believe re the kitchen. That said, alot of your points are well taken. closet space is always an issue. My main concern was how do you set up your living /dining room. My conclusion is you really get a small dining room table and difficulty as to where to place a TV with small condo sized couches(or forgo the dining room table entirely. However, remember I am sure cost here was a factor and with south and west with balconies and all the windows this space is going to feel alot larger than it is. The living space while small will work for 2 people. I believe the 2nd bedrooms in virtually every plan at the 800 sq. ft level is pretty much limited to a double bed and not much more. what was gained here was the really bright corner space.

that said, I wish I could post my floorplan in KWL at 777 sq.ft 2 bedroom 2 bathroom. You can see it on King West life 3 floor plan for 1117t but I do not have a terrace and hence I have a balcony that runs 4 and 1/2 feet by 20 feet (basically ending at the living room window without the terrace etra 4 feet which is below me. I do not have the hallway and the living room space is slightly narrower at 10 feet wide for 15 feet and approximately14 feet wide for 8 feet and the kitchen is set up in the same linear fashion.. It will not have the corner light that the 864 sq. ft has. I also have the elevators beside me and side by side (and very small 2nd bedroom)bedrooms but i felt little wasted space, a double sized balcony unobstructed view and 2 full bathrooms made this small space quite livable. If you have the capability, please post the floor plan. I would appreciate hearing the positive and yes the negatives about my floor plan so as I know for future purchases what to look for. This was purchased for my daughter who will be in her mid/late 20's so she could live in Liberty Village.

Wow talk about a critic!!! I guess my preferences are a little different than yours interested...actually a lot! P.S. The dimensions for the second bedroom allows for a queen comfortably and a dresser. But yeah to each their own! If you like the cookie cutter soho look that's great too. But I'm happy with a corner unit with walls of glass looking at the lake. Can't wait to see yours! :p

Wow talk about a critic!!! I guess my preferences are a little different than yours interested...actually a lot! P.S. The dimensions for the second bedroom allows for a queen comfortably and a dresser. But yeah to each their own! If you like the cookie cutter soho look that's great too. But I'm happy with a corner unit with walls of glass looking at the lake. Can't wait to see yours! :p

I really like your layout, but as I said above, I tend toward preferring layouts that offer options beyond two people hanging out together all the time.

Looks expensive, though - was it expensive?

Actually dc, I liked your layout. It was simuls who didn't agree. I thought it has alot going for it. I was trying to address simuls concerns with your layout. In doing so, I tried to address the issues he brought up. I agree with the cookie cutter issue. Actually I don't have a soho though I think it is a good use of space for what it tries to do. If you go on KWL web page, look at floorplans for phase 3, and the 1117t unit, you will see mine (less that I have a balcony not the terrace unfortunately). Besides cookie cutter issues, I think this is actually a good use of space and while I would have liked the corner, the addtional $40000 was alot for my pricepoint.

Back