News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

any thoughts on my suite at KWL? I had to go for the lakeview... High floor SW corner!

if anyone can post the 845/855 SF 2 bed/2 bath floorplans from Radio City, it would be greatly appreciated !

one will see how Radio City's similar SF to KWL and other projects can result in VERY different layouts in terms of efficiency, closet space, LR/DR/kitchen, etc.

IIRC Hudson Kruze was responsible for RC's interiors floorplans.

Thanks for the responses....nice to hear people say nice things about something you've bought

I like this alot for a small space. I don't like bedrooms with no windows would be the only drawback. Some people would also not like the bedroom off the kitchen. That said, I think this is great use of spae and a beautiful outside space. If this is for a single or couple (as opposed to 2 room mates, I would have the 2nd room with a hidabed and an office and for that it is absolutely perfect.

It's just me so the 2nd bedroom will be a home office, but I'll more then likely throw a sofa bed/daybed of some sort in there for guests

Yes, of course. I failed to mention that if you would tear down a wall, ensure
to place a sliding glass type wall just in case.

The sliding door that is in the plan is frosted glass slider

Wow talk about a critic!!! I guess my preferences are a little different than yours interested...actually a lot! P.S. The dimensions for the second bedroom allows for a queen comfortably and a dresser. But yeah to each their own! If you like the cookie cutter soho look that's great too. But I'm happy with a corner unit with walls of glass looking at the lake. Can't wait to see yours! :p

Sorry "Interested" got the heat for my comments. :D But I think you need to look at the room dimensions again if you think a queen and dresser will fit. The swing of the door takes out 30" of space and a queen is 80" long (mattress only) - or 16" longer than the shortest space near the closet. With the angle available it just won't fit unless you're comfortable with less than 1' of space to walk through and the bed flush against the balcony windows. The views will be nice, depending on your floor, as anything under the 12th will be looking at the Gardiner/Rail tracks or under it as the south end of KWL is about 12 feet lower than the north end (1 extra floor when level).

Sorry "Interested" got the heat for my comments. :D But I think you need to look at the room dimensions again if you think a queen and dresser will fit. The swing of the door takes out 30" of space and a queen is 80" long (mattress only) - or 16" longer than the shortest space near the closet. With the angle available it just won't fit unless you're comfortable with less than 1' of space to walk through and the bed flush against the balcony windows. The views will be nice, depending on your floor, as anything under the 12th will be looking at the Gardiner/Rail tracks or under it as the south end of KWL is about 12 feet lower than the north end (1 extra floor when level).

thanks Simuls: And don't worry dc, I have "thick skin":)
I am curious about 1 thing in your post simuls: I am on the 12 th floor mid west part of the westerly building. Are you saying that the garner/rail tracks acre actually up about 100 feet from the ground level of where King West Life will be on the west end. I would have thought the Gardiner from the south would have been at most 40 feet up and hence anything above the 6th floor would clear the Gardiner.

Yeah you're right, a double bed would fit for sure... I was thinking that the dresser could go opposite the bed and possibly replace the swinging door with a slider. Theres that angled wall that could accommodate that style door perfectly and would open up some space for sure. And as for the view I'm pretty sure the 16th floor means I'm safe from any obstructions. Plus the gardiner only comes up to the third floor not the 12th...

Yeah you're right, a double bed would fit for sure... . Plus the gardiner only comes up to the third floor not the 12th...

That's my impression as well that it would not be more than 3 or 4 floors high perhaps 5 maximum.
I am not sure why Simuls thought it would be the 12th floor. I would think at 16 you will be well above it and certainly have a spectacular view and like I said, that corner with windows on 2 sides will certainly make the space feel larger.

That was one of my first questions at the showroom. Not to mention you can see that the gardiner isn't really that high just from looking at it at ground level. I think being up high will also help with some of the gardiner and train noise. I'm sure those train horns will still be heard sometimes... lets just hope they use really good windows!

That's my impression as well that it would not be more than 3 or 4 floors high perhaps 5 maximum.
I am not sure why Simuls thought it would be the 12th floor. I would think at 16 you will be well above it and certainly have a spectacular view and like I said, that corner with windows on 2 sides will certainly make the space feel larger.

That was one of my first questions at the showroom. Not to mention you can see that the gardiner isn't really that high just from looking at it at ground level. I think being up high will also help with some of the gardiner and train noise. I'm sure those train horns will still be heard sometimes... lets just hope they use really good windows!

I am sure they will be. My family member living at University Plaza has windows that cut out up to 70 db. It is amazing at how quiet it is with the windows closed vs. open. This is also a Plazacorp building(I know everyone on this forum seems to hate it but it is a great building from finishing and location point of view.)

I am curious about 1 thing in your post simuls: I am on the 12 th floor mid west part of the westerly building. Are you saying that the garner/rail tracks acre actually up about 100 feet from the ground level of where King West Life will be on the west end. I would have thought the Gardiner from the south would have been at most 40 feet up and hence anything above the 6th floor would clear the Gardiner.

I think you're right and it's lower than I thought and the 6th floor might clear it. That being said though, there are the exhibition place buildings on the other side and to get a decent view of the water a higher floor is better - 12th should be fine though.

Here's a pic that would be from the equivalent of the top floor of KWL's Phase 2. I believe it's taken on the 23rd floor of Liberty Village Towers, but the ceiling heights are higher overall in that complex than KWL.

14745_213514131186_626876186_4468026_4626876_n.jpg

Last edited:
what are the ceiling heights there?? I have 9 foot ceilings in my unit.... how much taller do they get in a standard tower?!?!

what are the ceiling heights there?? I have 9 foot ceilings in my unit.... how much taller do they get in a standard tower?!?!

In Liberty Towers they're 8'8" to floor 20 and 9'7" 21-25.

In KWL Phase 1&3 (23 stories), floors 1, 3, 11, and I believe 14+ are 9', the rest are 8'. I believe it's the same for Phase 2, with it being a 24 story building (plus a 25th fl amenity space).

A difference is that KWL is on lower land and the eastern portion has to be level with the western portion, so the entire project will be dug in and start at 1 floor below where the north end of the Liberty Towers is (it's on the top of the hill). If you look at the model of KWL, the eastern end first floor is below grade.

Liberty towers is a 24 story bldg, but if you count the extra floor height of the hill and make apples-apples comparisons then you have to add the additional 9 ft or so making it the equivalent of a 25 story building from the south end.

So, the math is (very roughly and not including width of floors or roof assembly):

(13x9')+(10x8') = 197' for Phase 1/3 and 206 for Phase 2 of KWL.

and

(19x8'8")+(6x9'7") = 222ish for Liberty Towers

I'm not doing this as a pissing contest, I'm just genuinely interested to see if it'll affect my view and I think the Phase 2 amenity/mechanical will, but the other two won't and the terracing leaves me completely unencumbered due west. That makes me happy! :)

According to Emporis, Phase 1/3 are 71metres and Phase 2 is 75 metres, Liberty Towers is also 75 metres.

Last edited:
wow that was quite possibly the greatest most thought out answer of all time. hahah

In Liberty Towers they're 8'8" to floor 20 and 9'7" 21-25.

In KWL Phase 1&3 (23 stories), floors 1, 3, 11, and I believe 14+ are 9', the rest are 8'. I believe it's the same for Phase 2, with it being a 24 story building (plus a 25th fl amenity space).

A difference is that KWL is on lower land and the eastern portion has to be level with the western portion, so the entire project will be dug in and start at 1 floor below where the north end of the Liberty Towers is (it's on the top of the hill). If you look at the model of KWL, the eastern end first floor is below grade.

Liberty towers is a 24 story bldg, but if you count the extra floor height of the hill and make apples-apples comparisons then you have to add the additional 9 ft or so making it the equivalent of a 25 story building from the south end.

So, the math is (very roughly and not including width of floors or roof assembly):

(13x9')+(10x8') = 197' for Phase 1/3 and 206 for Phase 2 of KWL.

and

(19x8'8")+(6x9'7") = 222ish for Liberty Towers

I'm not doing this as a pissing contest, I'm just genuinely interested to see if it'll affect my view and I think the Phase 2 amenity/mechanical will, but the other two won't and the terracing leaves me completely unencumbered due west. That makes me happy! :)

According to Emporis, Phase 1/3 are 71metres and Phase 2 is 75 metres, Liberty Towers is also 75 metres.

I prefer defined spaces (rooms) without angles, in other words what might be defined as more traditional style floorplans - with the occasional exception.

Some of my favroate downtown condo & rental apartment layouts, excluding high-end buildings with multi-million dollar suites.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

256 Jarvis (1750 sq. ft.):

RoCP South tower (1800 sq. ft.):

Bay-Charles Tower (1600 sq. ft.):

Radio City, South tower (1200 sq. ft.):

Lexington Condo (1300 sq. ft.):

Manulife Centre (high-rise section - 1600 sq. ft.):

And my two favorates:

The best suite at Radio City (between both towers - 1780 sq. ft. + 1013 sq. ft. for 2 balconies + terrace):

and the runner up, PH02 at Casa (lower & upper areas, two files - 1670 sq. ft. + 1566 sq. ft. terrace & 480 sq. ft. balcony = 2050 sq. ft. outdoor space)

/

Now those are dynamite floorplans!

Last edited:
I prefer defined spaces (rooms) without angles, in other words what might be defined as more traditional style floorplans - with the occasional exception.

I prefer no much angle / arch room as well - and these are all great plans..my favorite part, almost all of these have windowed breakfast, kitchen or den.

Back