Looks like they received permission on April 29, 2010 to increase this from 325 units to 372, and from 33 storeys to 39.

Looks like they received permission on April 29, 2010 to increase this from 325 units to 372, and from 33 storeys to 39.

Makes sense, every other new and proposed development in the neighbourhood exceeds those heights....just proves that you are never save in this city with your unobstucted views.

Last edited:
Somebody needs to have the guts to call a new project " The Toronto ,.. whatever ". We have a number of projects that hint of other places, or , embarrassingly enough, are even named after other places. When that kind of thing happens, Toronto can start unfurling it's wings.

They're seriously calling this place Chaz??

That's really too bad for those in CASA with East views but buyers should have known this...it does suck though for someone in the high 30s who may have been expecting to clear...although you never know exactly what floor of one building will match up with the floor of another.

Since CASA is arleady built I wonder how much success they'll have and how much of a discount to other units they will have to offer on the West units of CHAZ. I remember the same thing when looking at the north/south units on Crystal Blu and Uptown but neither had been built yet so I wonder how much of a difference it makes to a buyer between imagination and actually seeing the physical structure that the unit you plan to buy will be looking right into.

I have SE corner in CASA with the larger view being south, the east is actually the nicer view since I'm pretty low and mostly looking down at the roof of the CAS building although the sunlight is a big plus. I'm wondering if CHAZ will end up blocking the east view on the SE corner units though since the east side of my unit is currently parallel with parking spots at the back of 45 Charles...so I'm wondering CHAZ will use up all that space on the south side...I imagine they will use all the space available although this would also cut off the laneway behind buildings on Charles and Isabella.

Somebody needs to have the guts to call a new project " The Toronto ,.. whatever ". We have a number of projects that hint of other places, or , embarrassingly enough, are even named after other places. When that kind of thing happens, Toronto can start unfurling it's wings.

Actually there's already a high-rise in St. Jamestown called The Toronto. I'm not sure how much trademark law applies to buildings and it's certainly not the most flattering building to bear our city's name, but there you go.

There's no copyright on building names, they are just names afterall. The names are just used for marketing purposes so there's a reason for them to be distinct while they are selling product. After a few years though most building names are forgotten as most people just refer to them by their address.

Any idea who the developer is? The website says NOTHING.

ETA: Looks like the developer is Edenshaw Homes. You'll get that description if you Google "Chaz on Charles"

Last edited:
Acres of plywood is being applied to the lower levels of this building today. I'm assuming it's the base for ads promoting the new condo. Will try and get pix later.

Back