News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It will very likely be at capacity, due to the novelty of the train in revenue service.

Agreed. If I was in Toronto tomorrow, and I didn't have anywhere to be in a hurry, I'd wait on the platform for it (although I'd pick a centre platform station, wouldn't want to be on one side platform and it shows up on the other!).

Considering it's likely just going to be one train running the length of the line, you could be waiting quite a while before you see it.
I don't expect there to be any more traffic due to it. Perhaps a dozen or so dedicated transit geeks at any one time, maybe.

Considering it's likely just going to be one train running the length of the line, you could be waiting quite a while before you see it.
I don't expect there to be any more traffic due to it. Perhaps a dozen or so dedicated transit geeks at any one time, maybe.

There will be tweets on its location, if that will help people.

Aha, I hadn't considered technology.
In that case, maybe there will be a roving swarm of a few dozen transit geeks appearing around the train as it goes along.

I'm going to cross my fingers that it can actually make it out of Wilson Yard.

Well it's currently sitting at Downsview, so that's a good start.. right? ... right? ;)

Just rode the TR on its maiden voyage from St. George - Finch - Eglinton.

It was great to see so many transit geeks, TTC higher-ups in pinstripe suits, and Bombardier engineers in plain black tees in one place.

The ride was smooth, noise level reduced (compared to earlier trains). A/C went out a couple times, and as we know there are still huge gaps between the doors and certain station platforms. Also, some of the lighting kept dimming during longer/faster tunnel trips. The doors also take a while to open. I think a lot of taller people felt uncomfortable with the lower ceilings, too.

All in all, they've still got a few kinks to work out, but I think Toronto is in love with the articulated design and the light-up maps.

I overheard that they will be operating the TR on weekdays from 9 am - 9 pm, and will not be used on weekends - at least for the time being.

Last edited:
You have to be the most negative TTC guy going.

I can't wait for it to be privatized.

Thats becaue I know some things the rest of you dont

As for the privatized part .......I will be a billionaire before that ever happens

Thats becaue I know some things the rest of you dont

As for the privatized part .......I will be a billionaire before that ever happens

Agram, have you heard any positives/negatives so far in it's 3 hours of existence?

Following Twitter I get the impression that so far, so good with the only "issues" being that the AC turned off a couple of times and that the doors open slowly. Also, there is that pesky gap between the train and the platform (though don't all the trains have this issue?)

Went for a lap on the new train when it first hit St George. Was a fun ride. Definitely noticed the lag in the doors, and the AC occasionally turning off, but otherwise I'm really digging the new trains. It's fun to stand in the gangways, especially on the sharper and bumpier turns, it feels like you're floating on a surfboard or something.

I'm just waiting for the first youtube video of someone skating down the length of the train, heard it talked about many times on the ride. I'm even tempted to ride my bike down it on an empty late-night trip. I know it's wrong, but at some point I'll just have to do it...

About the AC problem, does the H5's have that type of a problem too, where the AC just keeps on turning on and off? :)

Other than the AC issues, and the slow doors, the TR's are great trains. The open gangway is definitely a hit with the riders, and I noticed people actually not crowding around the door area. The train definitely was a hit with the non-transit geek riders, and I noticed people commenting on being able to walk along the entire length of the train.

I did notice quite a few tall people ducking as they entered the train. The ceiling height is definitely an issue with riders taller than 6 feet.

Back