News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Went for a lap on the new train when it first hit St George. Was a fun ride. Definitely noticed the lag in the doors, and the AC occasionally turning off, but otherwise I'm really digging the new trains. It's fun to stand in the gangways, especially on the sharper and bumpier turns, it feels like you're floating on a surfboard or something.

I'm just waiting for the first youtube video of someone skating down the length of the train, heard it talked about many times on the ride. I'm even tempted to ride my bike down it on an empty late-night trip. I know it's wrong, but at some point I'll just have to do it...

You tried standing in the gangway between King and St. Andrew?

You tried standing in the gangway between King and St. Andrew?

More around the bends and ramps around St George and around Union station.

Union station is also interesting when the train is stopped, in that the platform is not straight, and it's very noticeable inside the train as you can see the train is curved when you stand on one end.

I caught the train, too.

One problem I notice is a common one with so much modern-day mass transportation: it feels like such an internalized, anaesthetized environment--the windows being so tinted that you barely notice you're in a station until the doors open. I miss the days when a practically tactile experience of the outside world was a given; but I guess in an age of in-flight/in-bus/in-car film and video and any amount of handheld distraction, nobody gives a hoot anymore, esp. when they're of the bored "are we there yet?" sort re said outside world...

Were the 3 following trains still a minute behind the TR and each other that I saw at Osgoode Station?

Doors were a major issue from the time we left Downsview.

As we pull into various stations, riders were unsure if this thing was real and could get on it or not to the point some riders never got on.

Everytime the doors open that blast of heat blew in, but gone after the doors close.

The ride was a lot smoother than the rest of the fleet.

Station maps was all over the place in the car I was in.

Could not ride the train for the full round trip as I had to catch a Burlington GO train at 12:43.

Was told the train is only seeing peak hours service until late this year and this applies to all other trains.

New trains are supposed to be added to the line every 2 weeks if all things go well in testings and pass the various programs.

Talking to various accessiblity riders, they were happen with the seats and the train.

3 videos with the first one at Wilson with the cars coming out of the carwash at the north end. I guess the big boys were going there after their short trip to Wilson.
[video=youtube;PIlnweqxAZ0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIlnweqxAZ0[/video]
[video=youtube;eEYhRXXA-co]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEYhRXXA-co[/video]
[video=youtube;nh0-6trWJV4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nh0-6trWJV4[/video]

I rode the TR from Downsview to Finch... it was one of the smoothest and fastest trains I've ever rode on the YUS line ... :p pics and vids coming soon!!!!:D

Other than the AC issues, and the slow doors, the TR's are great trains. The open gangway is definitely a hit with the riders, and I noticed people actually not crowding around the door area. The train definitely was a hit with the non-transit geek riders, and I noticed people commenting on being able to walk along the entire length of the train.

I did notice quite a few tall people ducking as they entered the train. The ceiling height is definitely an issue with riders taller than 6 feet.

As long as the interior of the car is the same height, and they didn't lower the height of the bars in the middle of the car, I'll be fine with it. I need to duck entering the current cars anyways, haha.

I was following the TTC's tweets on the location of the new train. I had 5 minutes to catch it at Union at the end of the day... but of course somebody comes by my desk and says "got a second?" I missed that train and took my time, but then realized as I was going home (north on Yonge) that the train was ahead of me and eventually it would hit Finch and turn around and come back south. I got off at Rosedale, waited 20 minutes or so and was able to catch it and ride it until College (when I turned around and went back northbound).

I was surpised that the passengers on the train seem so nonplussed. I was trying to take a picture with my cell phone, but I saw few looking around the train with awe or commenting on its newness.

I did stand on the gangway for a bit, with one foot on one side and the other foot on the other side: like being on a boat in rough seas as the trains bounce up and down at different rates. Also, I wanted to walk the length of the train, but it was fairly crowded and there were jams of people--I'll try that some other time.

I was following the TTC's tweets on the location of the new train. I had 5 minutes to catch it at Union at the end of the day... but of course somebody comes by my desk and says "got a second?" I missed that train and took my time, but then realized as I was going home (north on Yonge) that the train was ahead of me and eventually it would hit Finch and turn around and come back south. I got off at Rosedale, waited 20 minutes or so and was able to catch it and ride it until College (when I turned around and went back northbound).

I was surpised that the passengers on the train seem so nonplussed. I was trying to take a picture with my cell phone, but I saw few looking around the train with awe or commenting on its newness.

I did stand on the gangway for a bit, with one foot on one side and the other foot on the other side: like being on a boat in rough seas as the trains bounce up and down at different rates. Also, I wanted to walk the length of the train, but it was fairly crowded and there were jams of people--I'll try that some other time.

I wonder if someone's going to set up a twitter page or an app that lets people know where the new train is. It'll decrease in value as more and more trains come on board, but for now it'd be cool to have.

I wonder if someone's going to set up a twitter page or an app that lets people know where the new train is. It'll decrease in value as more and more trains come on board, but for now it'd be cool to have.

The TTCNotices page said if you tweet them, they will let you know where the train is.
Right now it's only operating from 9am - 9pm on weekdays.

now lets hope that ppl keep it clean and respect the trains...the last thing i wana see is ppl littering, and doing what they shouldn't be on these new trains...

with the new subway cars in service, now it's time to get a better fare system...please, no more tokens and tickets and what not...

I'm quite happy with the train. I got it by chance at Union yesterday. A/C operation was inconsistant until the last half of my trip where it stayed on in most cars. I didn't like how the chimes are cut off and I found them a little loud. The announcements could also be refined a bit more. Many photos were being taken, and quite a few people noticed the new train.

Back