I agree, the finishes are pretty cheap. Quite the let down. I'll wait till I see more units.

As far as Victory and 400 Wellington? I'd take 400 any day of the week. It's a nicer looking building IMO on a better street. I like both buildings though.

Oh, and that unit was actually upgraded. The range was upgraded along with the bathroom sink and counter. Here's another unit with *gasp* laminate bathroom counters. I'm guessing the upgrades were very expensive...still, laminate counters have no place in this project.

http://www.myvisuallistings.com/dhfn/72608

Last edited:
Here's another unit with *gasp* laminate bathroom counters. I'm guessing the upgrades were very expensive...still, laminate counters have no place in this project.

http://www.myvisuallistings.com/dhfn/72608

it looks like a small 1 bedroom unit ...

how many fr*gging times can one shoot pics of the LR/DR/kitchen from the same angles that looks no bigger than 10 ft x 20 ft ?!?!

and the little area at the front door with the tile is tacky. In open spaces, the floor material should be the same throughout.

virtual-tour-72608-16-1329380920.jpg

If you're gonna go for the basics, white countertops or perhaps blood red countertops to contrast here, not that puke-ugly beige crap. This kitchen looks like it's stuck in 2004.

I'm not fond of the contrast between the floor and cabinets either--go with the same wood tone or use light wood on the floor and either white, colourful (green maybe), frosted/glass or ss cabinetry. Or a large white-tiled floor would be nice around the kitchen area, with white countertop and lightwood (even plywood would look sexier) cabinets. And overmounted sinks? Holy crappers!

The ceiling looks pretty cool--so why hide it with the bulkheads above the cabinets? If they're not hiding anything structural and there's just empty space behind them, rip them down and you've got additional storage above while getting more ceiling mileage.

Surely that's cardboard not beige tiles by the foyer? Pretty awful if tiles. A colourblind buyer perhaps? :p

Confused about your colour choices? I'm available.:)

edit: Just checked out the slideshow. I am stunned. This is 2012 downtown hipsterhood, not 1995 905-land. Toss that furniture in the trash.

Last edited:
This is standard developer issue.
For early 2008 when this project began, Sorbara was indeed using standard approaches. They gave you the minimum and then you could spend away and customize it in literally in thousands of combinations.

Things have changed in the industry as more and more investors are involved in these projects. Current approaches are to set a few standard palettes and you choose a conceived approach that suits you. It's obvious that some investors at 400 Wellington didn't select any upgrades which were all reasonably priced and that is most unfortunate. I can show you some great suites I have seen where the owner has selected wisely, spent a few bucks and it looks great.

I agree, that's why I noted it to be standard developer issue. My statement is not intended to malign Sorbara, but to point out that the kitchen shown is the basic serviceable installation. Some of the remarks come from people who say they know stuff about condos, but have never bought one.

I agree, that's why I noted it to be standard developer issue. My statement is not intended to malign Sorbara, but to point out that the kitchen shown is the basic serviceable installation. Some of the remarks come from people who say they know stuff about condos, but have never bought one.

I don't quite understand this comment.

^He's talking about me.:) I'm an expert in design though.;)

Of course I realize this is the basic model. What I don't understand though is how a developer could consider this as good aesthetic taste? For example and to contrast, check out the bare minimum builder issue kitchens found in hip Montreal condos, surely an appropriate comparision to this site?

Of course I realize this is the basic model. What I don't understand though is how a developer could consider this as good aesthetic taste? For example and to contrast, check out the bare minimum builder issue kitchens found in hip Montreal condos, surely an appropriate comparision to this site?

I agree. Even some of the crappier condos that have just been built offered better standard finishes. Montreal's a little different though. It's not a cash grab over there like it is here and purchasers have a better sense of style too, IMO.

Hell, even Luna @ Cityplace offered way better options. Laminate counter tops weren't even part of a 'basic' package. Each one had granite. I do like the full sized fridge at 400 Wellington though, as we have small condo fridges at Luna. The appliances in general look better at 400 Wellington, though the stoves here at Luna are built-ins. I expected a lot more from 400 Wellington.

Back